WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've only recently discovered the bullet dial skxa's and It got me thinking, just how many different versions are there???
I tried to google it but very surprisingly(considering its popularity) couldn't find anything definitive, especially with the need for pics. If someone could point me to a definitive guide I'd be very grateful, otherwise, do we have the collective knowledge on here to build one?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Go to watchsleuth.com Seiko diver finder and search on skx as model number. It turns up 47 matches, but I have no idea if this is all of them.

As I understand it, there have been some that were specific to certain regional markets or particular countries, so these may not have made it into the database.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
While there are dozens, there are only about a dozen well-known and common variations. I'd say two of the most valuable ones right now are probably the Bullet divers - the SKXA55 and SKXA53. You are starting to see both trade for more than $500, in good condition. The SKXA47 - the white Knight - is probably worth more than both of those two but you almost never see it come to market. It's really rare. I'd love to find one of those. The Yellow SKXA35 has been skyrocketing in price in the past year, since it was discontinued. You are starting to see the poor Man's Submariner, the SKX031, fetch more than $400 in excellent condition, though that watch is really hard to find unmodified. The SKX007 has started creeping up in price. A year ago you could buy them for around $180 with ease and now you are starting to see the Japan ones on the bracelet going for around $250.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
While there are dozens, there are only about a dozen well-known and common variations. I'd say two of the most valuable ones right now are probably the Bullet divers - the SKXA55 and SKXA53. You are starting to see both trade for more than $500, in good condition. The SKXA47 - the white Knight - is probably worth more than both of those two but you almost never see it come to market. It's really rare. I'd love to find one of those. The Yellow SKXA35 has been skyrocketing in price in the past year, since it was discontinued. You are starting to see the poor Man's Submariner, the SKX031, fetch more than $400 in excellent condition, though that watch is really hard to find unmodified. The SKX007 has started creeping up in price. A year ago you could buy them for around $180 with ease and now you are starting to see the Japan ones on the bracelet going for around $250.
The Bullets do in fact have a higher dollar value currently, it seems. I up till recently had 2 White Knights, one of them a full set (how rare is that?). I got a hold of a White Samurai, so I sold the Knights, but it was disappointing. The full set was on Ebay for 300 Euros BIN but didn't sell. I ended up privately selling the FS for 280 Euros and the WK w/o box/papers for 250 Euros. I also thought the rarity would translate to higher prices, but my conclusion was that a lot of people don't like white dial divers, and the SS bezel probably doesn't help. IMG20181213133321.jpg

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Bullets do in fact have a higher dollar value currently, it seems. I up till recently had 2 White Knights, one of them a full set (how rare is that?). I got a hold of a White Samurai, so I sold the Knights, but it was disappointing. The full set was on Ebay for 300 Euros BIN but didn't sell. I ended up privately selling the FS for 280 Euros and the WK w/o box/papers for 250 Euros. I also thought the rarity would translate to higher prices, but my conclusion was that a lot of people don't like white dial divers, and the SS bezel probably doesn't help. View attachment 14186235
Yep, rarity in itself doesn’t mean much unless there is demand.
I for one love the SKX007 and didn’t even know about these White Knights, so I probably also wouldn’t waste that money on them either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Some interesting replies but I think I should have been more specific in my fist post, I'm sorry. Although I realise that quite a number of Seiko models carry the skx prefix in their code I was actually only wondering about the ones with the same case shape and 4 o'clock crown position as the current 007 etc. I would also include the midsize models such as the 0013 etc.

·
Banned
945 Posts
Some interesting replies but I think I should have been more specific in my fist post, I'm sorry. Although I realise that quite a number of Seiko models carry the skx suffix in their code I was actually only wondering about the ones with the same case shape and 4 o'clock crown position as the current 007 etc. I would also include the midsize models such as the 0013 etc.
I was going to point out the same thing. Seiko uses the SKX designation for several divers. Including the SKX781 original orange Monster, which is decidedly NOT what we consider an "SKX" today.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Some interesting replies but I think I should have been more specific in my fist post, I'm sorry. Although I realise that quite a number of Seiko models carry the skx prefix in their code I was actually only wondering about the ones with the same case shape and 4 o'clock crown position as the current 007 etc. I would also include the midsize models such as the 0013 etc.
Oh. In that case, there are 13 of them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh. In that case, there are 13 of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts