WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just before the pandemic I was looking at the Meranom website to check their Amphibia Special Editions. I find one I like and I buy it.
This one, the Amphibian SE 120B35:

So a few weeks later I get it, take a look at it and go "cool" and then I put it back in the box.
Just today, I remembered it was sitting on my shelf so I take the box and open it up and I look at the watch and something seems strange:

Anybody notice what it is?
I don't have a problem with what Meranom sold me, but I'm not sure what serial number to call this watch!

Reactions: stevarad

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is one. I didn't notice it the first time I looked at it, either.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I dont see anything problematic.

Could you be more specific.

(And yes, SE watches are basicly modded watches - different bezel, ususaly dial, hands, caseback and/or crown. Cases and movements same as other amphibias)

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

·
Registered
749 Posts
Fairly sure that the 'SE' watches are 'modded' from standard anyway.
Not sure whether different cases come into it though - only thing I can think of, is that the case intended was out of stock at the time of your order, and not realising that it'll take as long as it has to get to you, used a in-stock case so that you weren't waiting too long for your watch?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's no problem, but if I ever sell it, I can't call it an Amphibian SE 120B35 without qualification.
Don't worry, someone will get it soon and share with us (the fun is in the guessing).

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Oh, I can see it now...

On second photo it looks like 420 case. On first photo it is 120 case.

Can you upload more real photos, from different angles?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It cannot be a SE 420B35 because this is a SE 420B35:

I think I have to call it a "SE 120B35 in a 420 case - genuine from the Vostok factory in Chistapol!"

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's fine, I think the reason is exactly as SuffolkGerryW said, they were making the watches and ran out of 120 cases and 420 cases are the most similar.
The warranty coupon is written in pen as "120B35".

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would be really annoyed with that. The case shape looks so much better on the website pic too. I'm not a fan of those really short lugs at all.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
No doubt that it is fine. And very fine looking watch.

But maybe Dmitry could give you right answer about serial number. Who knows, maybe than it would be one of the kind, and in that way more valuable than others :)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would be really annoyed with that. The case shape looks so much better on the website pic too. I'm not a fan of those really short lugs at all.
It may be an optical illusion - both cases are 46mm in height.
But the 120 has thicker lugs, in addition to the crown guards.

Reactions: Sergeant Major

·
Registered
749 Posts
It's fine, I think the reason is exactly as SuffolkGerryW said, they were making the watches and ran out of 120 cases and 420 cases are the most similar.
The warranty coupon is written in pen as "120B35".
Either that, or
It was a badly written 1, mistaken for a 4?

A 420 case in the 120 stock 'bin'?

Could be a whole lot of reasons - at least you have a real Special Edition (isn't many like that out there!) ;) :)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Either that, or
It was a badly written 1, mistaken for a 4?

A 420 case in the 120 stock 'bin'?

Could be a whole lot of reasons - at least you have a real Special Edition (isn't many like that out there!) ;) :)
Well, I wouldn't say it's "one of a kind":

And it definitely isn't a "4":

I'm actually thinking of taking out the mechanism and putting it into a spare 090 case I have lying around, what do you think?
Here's the 090 case on top of the watch (with a black bezel) as a simulation:

Reactions: tokareva
1 - 20 of 35 Posts