WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Or the guy who knows (almost) everything- @mariomart please, help.

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока
Meranom has this covered in their Terms and Conditions, which you automatically accept at the time of purchase, which allows them to substitute items. It's the very first line of the terms, "Product descriptions, specifications, colors, and pricing are subject to change at any time without notice "

Terms & Conditions

It occasionally happens, if you are not happy then start up a conversation with Meranom for a possible resolution.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Certainly 'rare' ;)
Was thinking on the order, rather than the paperwork where the number was written.
Looks good with that case (and you'd still have an 'original' ;) )

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This watch actually reminds me of the new 62MAS homage series that Seiko are releasing. Has a similar feel for 1/12 the price:

Reactions: Kirill Sergueev

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
Imo the dial is more suited to a 090, and I agree they probably ran out of 120 cases. For me it's more a curiosity than an annoyance.

·
Registered
746 Posts
So, just before the pandemic I was looking at the Meranom website to check their Amphibia Special Editions. I find one I like and I buy it.
This one, the Amphibian SE 120B35:

View attachment 15373397
So a few weeks later I get it, take a look at it and go "cool" and then I put it back in the box.
Just today, I remembered it was sitting on my shelf so I take the box and open it up and I look at the watch and something seems strange:

View attachment 15373398

Anybody notice what it is?
I don't have a problem with what Meranom sold me, but I'm not sure what serial number to call this watch!
Crown guards

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
OK, so I went and opened up on of those "120B35" that I had and put it into a 090 case.
I think my mod makes it feel more like a classic Vostok - modded items are a signed crown with the Vostok "B", Favinov paddle hands (with orange minute) and Vostok mesh bracelet:

I found that the original hands with the white lume faded quite quickly. The lume on the modded watch is now actually decent and comparable to Japanese divers - the indices will fade over time but the hands will still be readable at 4AM in the morning.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
OK, so I went and opened up on of those "120B35" that I had and put it into a 090 case.
I think my mod makes it feel more like a classic Vostok - modded items are a signed crown with the Vostok "B", Favinov paddle hands (with orange minute) and Vostok mesh bracelet:

View attachment 15375017 View attachment 15375018
It looks wonderful. And real Vostok spirit.

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

21 - 35 of 35 Posts