1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new GW-M5610:

photo-2.JPG photo-3.JPG
photo-1.JPG photo.JPG

I have to say that I really like this thing: it's light, the screen is clear, the colors are vibrant, comfortable on the wrist, and although it's smaller than I anticipated, I don't mind it! The only significant drawback is that the buttons aren't as accessible as I'd like them to be (keep in mind that I'm no watch connoisseur, so there may be other drawbacks that, for the moment, don't really bother me!). I've been on the hunt for a G-Shock like this for ages (some of you here know this) and I'm quite pleased with it; it's going to get lots of wrist action: for starters, a hiking trip on Friday!

Also, a very special thanks to these users for helping me out (if I've excluded anyone, I apologize!): postur, FlyerGuy, Sedi, SchwandaTheBagpiper, Fer Guzman, demon2360, and xevious!

WUS comes through with the goods once again! Now it's time to start saving up for my next Omega.... :roll:

Best,
Paul

·
Registered
578 Posts
glad to hear you got your GW-M, Paul, and I hope you have a great time with it :-!
pretty sure you get used to the buttons - I don't have any problems with them. and they never get pressed by accident :)

best,
Mikey b-)

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Congrats, great looking watch, wear it well :)

Some of the guys you named also helped me get my first g-shock, so I know how you feel, great help here.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Congrats on the gwm5610, I really like mine. You will get used to the buttons. They are much easier to press than some of the other current squares.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Also, a very special thanks to these users for helping me out (if I've excluded anyone, I apologize!): postur, FlyerGuy, Sedi, SchwandaTheBagpiper, Fer Guzman, demon2360, and xevious!
Time to toot my own horn ;-)

Happy you like it :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Nice G! The square is old-school and you gotta love the new updated version with new tech (atomic and solar). Nice photos too - thanks for posting. I never get tired of looking at Gs! And that one looks great!
Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:

I had a gig yesterday at a park and I wore my GW-M5610 and the experience was great: it was light and comfortable and I didn't have to "baby it" (like I do my Seamaster Professional). This is one of the main reasons why I like this watch, G-Shocks in general, and other "sporty" watches: you can just go about your day and not have to worry about getting your hands dirty. I'm still getting used to the digital display as I've grown up with and am more accustomed to analog watches, but this isn't really a big deal. Throughout most of the day, unless I had to check the time, I forgot the watch was even there. I wouldn't be saying this had I worn my Omega or any other luxury watch.

Yeah, G-Shocks are awesome.

Reactions: xevious

·
Registered
578 Posts
Update:

I had a gig yesterday at a park and I wore my GW-M5610 and the experience was great: it was light and comfortable and I didn't have to "baby it" (like I do my Seamaster Professional). This is one of the main reasons why I like this watch, G-Shocks in general, and other "sporty" watches: you can just go about your day and not have to worry about getting your hands dirty. I'm still getting used to the digital display as I've grown up with and am more accustomed to analog watches, but this isn't really a big deal. Throughout most of the day, unless I had to check the time, I forgot the watch was even there. I wouldn't be saying this had I worn my Omega or any other luxury watch.

Yeah, G-Shocks are awesome.
I was looking forward to read your first little review. the points you mention are exactly the ones that I like about that watch, and especially combined with the atomic and solar function, the watch just takes care of itself and leaves me totally alone :-!
also it looks cool and is affordable...I'm such a fan of it...

best,
Mikey

G

·
I was looking forward to read your first little review. the points you mention are exactly the ones that I like about that watch, and especially combined with the atomic and solar function, the watch just takes care of itself and leaves me totally alone :-!
also it looks cool and is affordable...I'm such a fan of it...

best,
Mikey
Same here!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
This is one of the main reasons why I like this watch, G-Shocks in general, and other "sporty" watches: you can just go about your day and not have to worry about getting your hands dirty.
Well said. They are meant to be used this way. And if you're a little OCD about having a watch in fine shape most of the time, best to just buy a spare bezel/band and have it for back-up (just knowing they are there helps alleviate concern).

A friend of mine has an Omega Planet Ocean with metal bracelet and he bought a spare bracelet just so he wouldn't get all stressed out about scratches. Just knowing he has the spare let's him relax a bit (the bracelet is usually what gets the most wear, being rested upon all kinds of surfaces).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This photo was taken at Spring Music Fest 2013 in Raleigh, North Carolina on May 25th. The watch is still running strong. I love wearing it when I DJ because I hardly notice it's on my wrist. Additionally, it's easy to read in dark environments.

Mosaic Spring Fest - Saturday, May 25th, 2013.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome Paul, well done. Great post. Loving
It..... :)
What's written on your shirt ? Just curious
Thanks! One of my Wing Tsun school's mottos is written in Cantonese: "Fist comes from the heart." If you check out City Wing Tsun's page on Facebook, they shared this photo. :-!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts