WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at these two bracelets on eBay (the Tungchoy one, NOT wjean) for about an hour, and I don't see any difference in the product description. I know I'm missing something very obvious, but I'm too tired to concentrate.

Help... please...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From that vendor, the difference appears to be width where it attaches at lug.
The description says it for 22mm lugs. :think:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Without reference to this vendor in particular, my understanding is that Super Oyster bracelets use standard spring bars and the Super Oyster Type II uses fat spring bars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got mine from Tungchoy (Stella)

They have a few options of super oyster bracelet to choose:
22mm tapered to 20mm with third party clasp (4 holes adjustement)
22mm tapered to 18mm with third party clasp (4 holes adjustment)
22mm tapered to 18mm with third party clasp (2 holes adjustment)
22mm tapered to 18mm with original seiko clasp with safety button (4 holes adjustment)

All comes with fat spring bar and solid end links

HTH

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got mine from Tungchoy (Stella)

They have a few options of super oyster bracelet to choose:
22mm tapered to 20mm with third party clasp (4 holes adjustement)
22mm tapered to 18mm with third party clasp (2 holes adjustment)
22mm tapered to 18mm with original seiko clasp with safety button (4 holes adjustment)

All comes with fat spring bar and solid end links

HTH
Many thanks for the handy info. I assume these options apply to the SO type II bracelet.

Which option did you take? Is it for an SKX diver or older model?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Many thanks for the handy info. I assume these options apply to the SO type II bracelet.

Which option did you take? Is it for an SKX diver or older model?
Don't be bothered with names... as long as you get the item right ;-)

I bought 22mm tapered to 18mm with third party clasp (4 holes adjustment) for my skx009

First i was worried about the third party clasp. But after i received it, it is really a good quality and i feel that it is better than the original seiko (without push release button). And in the future if you need a diver extension clasp, you can buy the one for OM as it is the same width 18mm

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't be bothered with names... as long as you get the item right ;-)
True... but I'm looking for a bracelet with ends to suit a 6309.

You said "All comes with fat spring bar and solid end links". As far as I know, only the type II bracelets come with the fat spring bars.

I agree about the clasp. The 18mm (no name) with 4 holes sounds about right for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts

You said "All comes with fat spring bar and solid end links". As far as I know, only the type II bracelets come with the fat spring bars.

I agree about the clasp. The 18mm (no name) with 4 holes sounds about right for me.
Not sure abt 6309. If you doubt, send email to Stella, she will reply promptly

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
Hi Mars08, basically there all S.O. Type-2's by Stella/Tungchoy shown in that group

hey my friend-

Those 4 bracelet options all appear to be (SO Type-2's) as long as they have solid end caps and fat spring bars, which supposedly they all do.

So all you need to do is pick your bracelet taper size & clasp type, which I think you mentioned what you prefer already:

The only thing that makes these bracelets fit the SKX slim tapered cased diver or the Cushion cased 6309-704X diver, is the shape style of the solid end cap.

So I see it this way, the S.O. Type-2 bracelet can accept either of the two types of (Solid end caps) one type being fitting the slim tapered SKX/7548/6309-729X/7002 divers; or the other end cap type that only fits the large cusion cased 6309-704X diver.

I don't know Mars but that's the way I see it to be, all you have to do is email Stella/Tungchoy and tell her exactly what you want to do, basically as I mentioned it & she'll get back to you mate.
I'm not sure if ordering the bracelet with the solid end caps to fit a 6309-704X diver is an option for sure? But Stella will let you know.

I also think you can have it any way you want it with William Jeans S.O. Type-2's, he's more than willing to please his customers wishes!

Best regards, :-!
Jimmy

I'm not 100% sure, so does that sound about right Guys or am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Hi Mars08, basically there all S.O. Type-2's by Stella/Tungchoy shown in that group

hey my friend-

Those 4 bracelet options all appear to be (SO Type-2's) as long as they have solid end caps and fat spring bars, which supposedly they all do.

So all you need to do is pick your bracelet taper size & clasp type, which I think you mentioned what you prefer already...
Good to get your input mate!

No doubt I'm going to have to get more info from Tungchoy. Mainly because the product descriptions are a bit confusing... For one thing, all the descriptions list the bracelets as using 1.78mm bars. Also there's no mention of the various tape options. They're all listed as 22-to-20...

Guess it's time for a little more investigation! ;-)

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
Re: Hi Mars08, basically there all S.O. Type-2's by Stella/Tungchoy shown in that group

Hi mars08,

Yes I see & understand your points clearly.

I took just what I saw in the thread and went with what was said of the Tongchoy size/type clasp options & that they all take solid end caps and fat spring bars, which would then make them all S.O.Type-2's in my book.

So I'm not sure about those options really at all, other than taking for granted what the other members mentioned there, and formed my opinion of what can be done, which only boils down to the type of end caps you desire on what ever bracelet you choose.

Yes I agree my friend, there's a need to email the seller and get concrete answers to your questions...

Hey consider Wjeans options too, he'll treat you right and take care of your wishes I would think.

Good day to you & good luck, ;-)
Jimmy

Good to get your input mate!

No doubt I'm going to have to get more info from Tungchoy. Mainly because the product descriptions are a bit confusing... For one thing, all the descriptions list the bracelets as using 1.78mm bars. Also there's no mention of the various tape options. They're all listed as 22-to-20...

Guess it's time for a little more investigation! ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts