WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know what I mean. You've searched and searched and searched for THAT watch, and finally the stars aligned and you can finally hit that order button. Alas, it will not be shipping overnight, or even two or three day shipping. Weeks of waiting are in your future. You are filled with equal parts anxiety, impatience, and incipient joy that you dare not express aloud. What do you do to maintain some semblance of an even keel while your prize inches its way ever so slowly toward you?

·
Premium Member
Rolex 116618LN, Rolex MG, Rolex DSSD, Rolex SD43, PAM176, PAM1305, Omega PloProf, SeaMaster300,
759 Posts
I wouldn't hit the order button if the watch would take weeks. Then it must not be in stock, and who knows when it would be. I have ordered from AD's (Omega and Breitling) with more or less firm delivery dates. In both cases the dates were met.

·
Registered
567 Posts
For me that is the dangerous part of the buy because i fill the need of getting another watch as fast as i can to "scratch" the need Faster.
The trick is, do not browse more watchs until that One arrives, focus on something else like the puzzle you never finished :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Troutslayer504

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had to wait more than 3 months for my sumo. (Couldn't wait till my birthday) So it sat in the wardrobe for that long.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
You know what I mean. You've searched and searched and searched for THAT watch, and finally the stars aligned and you can finally hit that order button. Alas, it will not be shipping overnight, or even two or three day shipping. Weeks of waiting are in your future. You are filled with equal parts anxiety, impatience, and incipient joy that you dare not express aloud. What do you do to maintain some semblance of an even keel while your prize inches its way ever so slowly toward you?
Trying to get away from internet and horror stories about misaligned bezels or SPDs

·
2,105 Posts
I totally hate the wait, but have been in training over the last year. Due to Covid a watch I purchased from Australia sat at the airport in Austrialia for over a month before it shipped, then I ordered the Synchron Military which took about a month or so for me to receive, and now I am training for a marathon, as I pre-orderd an MKII Paradive which may be available the first quarter of 2022 if all stars align.

Regards,

Ren

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’d probably obsess to the point of reading every forum post ever written about the incoming watch until I had myself 100% convinced that the new watch will have a misaligned chapter ring, misaligned bezel, the date will not be centered, the hour hand won’t hit directly at noon, there will be a pound of dust and lint on the dial, it will run +4 minutes fast per day, and the case will be scratched. I’ll then start reconsidering my decision to order the watch and wait anxiously to see the “monstrosity” that lands on my doorstep.
Of course, in reality what ultimately lands is an awesome watch that you can’t stop looking at for weeks on end!
Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
71,450 Posts
WUS is the solution to all problems that are watch related and this includes taking your mind off the wait as your new toy staggers though the snail like delivery system.

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
I generally have enough patience that it doesn't bother me, but my current wait is just eating me up. The country I currently live in has an extremely efficient postal system and I have had dozens of watches land and be in my hands in no more than 2 days, but currently my watch has been in country for 8 days and has still not arrived. Back home I expected this and it never really bothered me, but now that I have become accustomed to the speed and efficiency here it is really driving me nuts. My solution? Refresh the tracking page over and over, and grit my teeth into sawdust.

Reactions: Troutslayer504

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
This might sound odd - or a sign of early Alzheimer's - but once I hit the "pay now" button, I move on to other things. I am also blessed (or cursed) to be freakishly busy at work and have a wife with a never ending honey-do list, so I don't have much time to mull over anything. Then a box arrives five days later and "oh, wow, yeah, I ordered that" and its like Christmas.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts