WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its that time of the year again when i say to myself that for some reason i deserve to buy myself a new watch. As per the title im again in a bind on which one to get. Most times this problem solves itself because maybe one of the models i like is discontinued or too expensive or another reason that forces me to choose the one i can get. Right now im between two options that cost roughly the same, are the kind of watch im looking but different enough to make each unique and are both still in production being each from a reputable and long lasting brand. Also i really cant afford both no matter how much i would love to.

So rather than posting a "help me choose" thread, which i probably will in the end, i was interested to know what ways do you have to solve this annoying situations, im sure many of you have been there a lot more than i, so maybe i can learn some fun ways to get through this or how to deal with the inevitable frustration that will come with either option. :think:

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
you cheat on the other... people do it all the time... it can get crazy if they both find out though...

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Tell yourself that you will own both, but one needs to come first, so which one will be first?

Reactions: zetaplus93

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had that issue. wanted the Breitling and a Rolex Sub. I chose the best value at the end of the day and the Rolex won that hands down.

I bought a Citizen that looked like the Breitling I wanted to hold me over.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Mug someone?

(That SARB017 is gorgeous, btw).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Let yourself off the hook for a bit. Take a little more time. One will have an edge over the other. Sometimes I do this thing where I have money burning a hole in my pocket and I feel pressured to make a choice and buy a watch quickly. I think this is my subconscious' way of saying "Listen up pal, you better get something quick before you realize you don't need another watch right now and back out". To use the eternal wisdom of Beyoncé, 'let it percolate'.

Also you should definitely let us know what the choices are, someone might be able to point out some stuff that makes your choice a lot easier!

Or you could follow another path I take frequently, research two watches for one month. Write lists, gather as many opinions and wrist shots as possible, then buy something else.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts