WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me it would be a '70s Concord Delirium.

I find the ultrathin movement interesting, and the looks are nice.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Nice watch.

I am interested in getting a Citizen Campanola grand complication.

·
Registered
18,180 Posts
I'd like to get a chronograph Autoquartz. :) But if I ever found one it would probably be like the f300 chronograph I recently saw -- it cost as much as half a year's mortgage payments... :-| Oh well....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi;

I'm considering for my next purchase a JLC Reverso Classique, with the Caliber 608 quartz movement. It's not thermocompensated, but from what I've been able to find out it's all hand-assembled and made to a very high standard, and so in terms of build quality and materials might well qualify as a HEQ. Well, at least as much a HEQ as my Rado Sintra, anyway :)

Sadly new Swiss chronometers with quartz movements seem to be a dying breed these days - indeed, from the older manufactures getting anything at all quartz is a rarity. I did also briefly consider the Patek Aquanaut (which is their only remaining gents' watch with a quartz movement available as an option), but I just don't really like any of the dial options for it.

I just wish the Rolex Oysterquartz was still in production....well, who knows, maybe one day.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi;

I'm considering for my next purchase a JLC Reverso Classique, with the Caliber 608 quartz movement.
The Reverso is a classic! I've wanted to get one and have it personalized by J.C. Randell. I wonder if the movement is an in-house one.

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
For me it would be a '70s Concord Delirium...
...I find the ultrathin movement interesting, and the looks are nice.
Yes, it's a very special timepiece. It would be my choice as well.:-!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi, Bruce;

Yes, the Oysterquartz Perpetual Calendar would be absolutely fantastic - it's frustrating indeed to know that it was designed, prototypes built and ready to go, and then just didn't happen. So near, and yet so far ! Still, maybe one day, if ever they judge the market to be right.

As for the JLC Caliber 608 - I was able to find out more about it from JLC themselves recently. It's not thermocompensated, but it is entirely in-house. It was first designed in either 1982 or 1983, and has been made continuously since then. I think they're one of the few Swiss manufactures that are still making their own high-end quartz movements, rather than using and/or modifying ETAs. The Patek Aquanaut's Caliber E-19-C is in-house too, from what I've been able to find out, though it may not be long for this world, since it's now the last gents' quartz that they make at all.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Two Omegas! I would like to get the Constellation Double Eagle perpetual. I don't have a watch that contains a Swiss thermocompensated quartz movement. I really like the looks of the Double Eagle and the bracelet is very comfortable.

Extreme accuracy aside, I would also like to get a 2nd generation X-33. I had an opportunity to purchase one when Omega was still making them available to the general public but I decided not to buy. Now that they are not available, I guess human nature makes me want one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts