WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thing about the world of watch collecting, besides finally getting that long sought after grail watch? :-!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The thrill of the hunt. I think I prefer it to the actual purchasing. I may never actually buy another watch again. Kidding about the last part.

·
Banned
231 Posts
I actually like the anticipation while the watch is being shipped. Such a sweet angony. Often the wanting is better than the having. Waiting is underrated.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually like the anticipation while the watch is being shipped. Such a sweet angony. Often the wanting is better than the having. Waiting is underrated.
You know what? I feel the same way. Sometimes I find myself checking my watch's tracking number daily, wondering where it's at, waiting until the day it finally arrives.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I enjoy researching watches on the Net inthe evenings - sipping a coffee or tea. I enjoy wearing my watches, I'll wear one on each wrist in the evenings - and switch them on occasion. Finally I enjoy putting thought each morning into what the selection of the day will be.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I agree with all of the above.

I love "I am looking for a watch" threads because it allows me to go on the hunt without making a purchase. Plus it adds to my watch-ucation. It is like spending vicariously through the purchaser. I REALLY like it when I feel as though I have actually helped the purchaser.

I love the delicious wait for the watch. My last wait was particularly agonizing as it was my "grail" at the time.

I also like shopping to modify future purchases. I am doing this with Seiko 5s right now. Find one I like, then shop for a band and buckle change.

Finally, I love talking to you guys. Had to add the requisite "dog greeting." ;-)

·
Registered
798 Posts
favourite part:
1. when I got the watch better than i expected..
2. cleaning and polishing until it looks in a great condition (for used one)

·
Registered
541 Posts
It's hard to say, really. There are quite a few good aspects in this hobby. One of my favourites is the feeling when an impulse buy slowly grows on you so that it eventually becomes one of your favourite pieces of your collection. I've made many impulse buys just because of the aesthetics or the great deal I was offered, and now I like some of them more than I like some of the pieces I lusted after for a long time. It seems that real love emerges slowly and passion often fades away.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Not to be too cheesy, but this forum is one of the best things. And then there's having a really good watch on my wrist and the hunt is quite good.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It's hard to say, really. There are quite a few good aspects in this hobby. One of my favourites is the feeling when an impulse buy slowly grows on you so that it eventually becomes one of your favourite pieces of your collection. I've made many impulse buys just because of the aesthetics or the great deal I was offered, and now I like some of them more than I like some of the pieces I lusted after for a long time. It seems that real love emerges slowly and passion often fades away.

I completely understand. I had one watch, the Seiko Orange Monster, I bought as an impulse buy. I hated the thing before it, and I hated it when I opened the box. It was left in there for a month, until I gave it another chance. Then it slowly became a daily wearer, and emerged as a favorite. On the flip side, I've bought watches I initially loved, but then put aside after a week or even a few months.

Reactions: jrantasa

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Absolutely agree with what Roller said... I love hunting for other people same thrill as buying for myself with less wallet impact. Also helps me build up the desire for my next purchase.

I've only really been into this for a few months now, but I absolutely love the steady gain of knowledge I'm gaining the more I research and read.

I love this forum... some really interesting posters, some really interesting discussions and some folks (like Roller) whose posts and insight I really enjoy reading.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The random discovery (which usually leads to the impulse buy). I love it when forum members point out watches I was never even aware existed. Or walking into an AD and noticing a watch that didn't look quite right on the web, but amazing in person. It's small discoveries like this that really broaden my love for watches.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts