WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Now:

Just wondering if anyone has a favorite Ball...or two. It could be a Ball in your collection, or one you may have seen here, or at the Ball site, AD, etc.

So ok folks...what is your favorite Ball(s)

No more than two answers please...have at it.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
My first is the favorite:

A very close second (and what I'm wearing right now, as I type):

Rob

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would say my favorite would be the Hydrocarbon Chrono...I likely would have gotten that model had it existed when I got my GMT. The Hydro GMT that I own would likely still be second choice if I was starting over.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Wow...I'm really torn, here...:think:

Like Rob, my first Ball watch, which is also an Engineer Master II Classic, was my hands-down favorite...until just recently. As many of you here already know, my only other Ball(for now, at least) is my Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow". I love both...a lot...and both continue to "sing" to me...every day. But, as much as I love my EMII Classic, I find that I'm wearing my Mad Cow much more frequently, lately.

Why? It's really kinda simple. The EMII Classic is pretty much a dress watch, while the Mad Cow is a diver/adventure/sport-casual/"do anything" watch. I don't wear suits for work, and you'll usually find me in jeans and a t-shirt/polo on my days off. For me, the Mad Cow just fits in a bit better in my daily "wear" life. That's not to say that you can't wear the EMII Classic with jeans and a "t", and I do that all the time...but the Mad Cow has a real fun spirit and look to it, and the largely ti bracelet almost feels like silk on the wrist. Oh, and I can gaze at the Mad Cow's guilloche "sunburst" pattern dial all day long....:p

;-)

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Of the two I currently own, the Mad Cow is my favorite...

of those that I want, the NT would be at the top...

·
Registered
138 Posts
So far my favorite is the Skylab, however that could change to the Cannonball provided it actually looks like in the stock photos.

·
Registered
632 Posts
This one!

·
Registered
944 Posts
My hands down Fav is my "Mad Cow":-! What a Impressive piece:p!!!
But my Not owned would be the Trainmaster Heritage Gold Crono LE:p:p
Wow what a Beautyo| Can any one "lend" me $7K for awhile:think:, and of course i will gladly pay you back $1 a week for the next 7000 weeks:rodekaart

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The biggest, bad a$$ watch Ball ever made.........the black 'gator..........:-!

·
Registered
111 Posts
My favorite is the white Mad Cow, but I actually have the black version because I bought used.

I also really like the Louisville and Indiana Edition, an example of which is in roberev's post. I've admired that model for months. I'm a sucker for a seconds sub-dial vintage look.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I'd have to say the Ball Hydrocarbon GMT II. It's still in my top 3 for next big purchase. I probably will go with the Ball over the other two as its the lesser known choice. For me, that's a positive, not to mention the anti mag properties.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Plain old orange numeral Fireman does it for me. Simple design, easy to read, beautifully made, robust, and I love sword hands.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey Now:

Just wondering if anyone has a favorite Ball...or two. It could be a Ball in your collection, or one you may have seen here, or at the Ball site, AD, etc.

So ok folks...what is your favorite Ball(s)

No more than two answers please...have at it.
Limited Edition Trainmaster Doctor's Chronograph in rose gold.

I love the weight and feel of this watch. I can't wait until they arrive from Switzerland.

Still haven't made up my mind if it's the watch for me. There are just too many choices. My Moon Glow will serve me well in the meantime.

Regards,
Jeremy

·
Registered
367 Posts
Engineer Master II Classic & Engineer Master II Chronometer Limited Edition are my favourites (seems to be growing!). However, when it comes to night illumination, EMII Classic is :-!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought it was high time I answer my own question...

I decided to leave out the Moonie and the NT, as that would be too easy.

I then set out to find a sporty and dressy Ball. Neither need be pure sport or dress, but hint at the theme.

I then decided to go with the higher price point Balls along with some of the more reasonably priced models.

To that, here is the list:

Mid Priced Balls:

Sporty: The Fireman...choose your strap, bracelet, or color combo
Dressy: Moonglow on Strap...perhaps upgraded to Croc

Higher End:

Sporty: EM II TMT Diver
Dressy: Cleveland Express Dual Time in RG

1 - 20 of 32 Posts