WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent wore this 2100 in awhile now, and its suddenly just caught my eye >>

So its the Speedmaster Moon to Mars Going up To the Citizen 2100 Cal, Chronograph >

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
They are both gorgeous. I prefer the Omega as it is more colorful and can really be a discussion piece with fellow WISs.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I think they are both beautiful but very different from my perspective. I don't tend to wear my LE/SE watches in rotation, more as an occasion watch so for a regular wear the Speedy is a little showy for me where the 2100 settles in quite nicely without asking to be looked at. Horses for courses and each would be perfect in the race I would run them in. In the end I prefer the Speedy since it is one of those watches that the longer and closer I look at it the more I appreciate the details.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I may be a bit biased. Number 6386 says hello:

-Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3; please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I like the Citizen better. Commemorative stuff usually seems kind of kitchy to me, especially if there are pictures on the dial. I don't even like the ridiculously expensive hand-done enamel mosaics that take a year for an enamalist to make, although I do appreciate the craftsmanship. That's just me, though. If it was the standard Speedmaster it would be a different story.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
The brand and history aside, the Speedy looks better because it has a cleaner dial. The Citizen dial is a bit busy for me.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I like the Citizen better. Commemorative stuff usually seems kind of kitchy to me, especially if there are pictures on the dial. I don't even like the ridiculously expensive hand-done enamel mosaics that take a year for an enamalist to make, although I do appreciate the craftsmanship. That's just me, though. If it was the standard Speedmaster it would be a different story.
+1,000

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Well, I also prefer the regular Pro - BUT, the Moon to Mars is still a Pro and the Citizen is still just a Citizen - albeit a nice one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts