WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK there was some discussion about how the new centered 5000T dial won't support a logo. Here's something I just made up. I blagged part of the logo from somewhere a long time ago and made my own. I just superimposed it on the 5000T dial.

Sure the proportions may not be correct and the logo may be crap but I like it and think it would work very well if the correct logo was chosen. It would balance with the date window on the other side.

Just a thought.

Pete

·
Registered
350 Posts
To many late nights Pete:-d:-d

Not for me...... looks cr#p :-d:-d

LOL

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To many late nights Pete:-d:-d

Not for me...... looks cr#p :-d:-d

LOL
Yea well OK then it's an 11 on the holycraparammaometer but it kinda almost sorta began to think about maybe even considering that it might possibly potentially be perhaps just a little bit OK...... maybe :)

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
First, the good doctor was trying to illustrate that a logo on the 5000T would actually work, not straight out suggesting that particular logo (remember, Doxa has warned us NOT to use any company or organization's logo in a mock up as it can cause legal issues for them!). I think the job done here proved the point in spades, I retract my statement that I didn't think a logo would work on the 5000T!

Besides, I sorta' like this one :-d.
Well done Doc. :-!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Could put a cartoon version of a Kirby Morgan Superlite on there.... This is me, but I am sure you could find a picture of just the helmet. If not, wait til I get home to my digital camera and I'll take a few shots.

·
Registered
785 Posts
That does do a good job of showing successful placement of a logo, I agree. |>

As far as logos, I'm of the mind that what I particularly like about the old "U.S. Divers" logo is the fact that it is more of an outline in black rather than filled in with black (such as the divers helmet on the Divingstar that I've seen).

So, as far as logo ideas I would really like to see the orange not obscured with another color, but rather an outline in black such as the old "U.S. Divers" logo ... I do think that "less is more" when putting a logo on a dial. :-!

·
Registered
350 Posts
First, the good doctor was trying to illustrate that a logo on the 5000T would actually work, not straight out suggesting that particular logo :-!
Yep T, I know, :-!
just makes the dial look to busy in IMO, looks pretty good as it is without a logo.

On logo's..... the best I have seen is the diver helmet used by DOXA. I think the us divers logo is an era long past. I put us divers equipment (no offence to any of you guys) with the tusa equipment category, average at best and definately not IMO for technical diving, recreational diving fits this equipment better. Used plenty of it so I am speaking from a technical point of view.

By the way Tbone thanks for the opinions on the Breitlings.
I love it.

·
14,572 Posts
Yep T, I know, :-!
just makes the dial look to busy in IMO, looks pretty good as it is without a logo.

On logo's..... the best I have seen is the diver helmet used by DOXA. I think the us divers logo is an era long past. I put us divers equipment (no offence to any of you guys) with the tusa equipment category, average at best and definately not IMO for technical diving, recreational diving fits this equipment better. Used plenty of it so I am speaking from a technical point of view.

By the way Tbone thanks for the opinions on the Breitlings.
I love it.
The USD of today is DEFINITELY not the USD of old in the Jacques era. May be a time long since gone, but It does look great on the Synchron Doxas IMHO.

I kinda like the idea Pete, and with the right Logo..........I think it could definitely work.:-!

·
Registered
350 Posts
The USD of today is DEFINITELY not the USD of old in the Jacques era. May be a time long since gone, but It does look great on the Synchron Doxas IMHO.

I kinda like the idea Pete, and with the right Logo..........I think it could definitely work.:-!
Yeah I am with you on that Jason, on the old syncron DOXA's it works.

Not sure about the 5000T though....... would have to see it to be convinced

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi Pete ... I agree I think a logo would work fine on the 5000T. I even kinda like that one. I think you did a great job of proving a point it'll work as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
:-! I like it Pete, maybe do it in a black outline (no full colour) or blue or hey maybe even silver outline, anyway I like your mockup great work.
Regards
Robt

·
Registered
413 Posts
The older design of the diver on the dial is classic. On this particular watch, IMHO there is enough design to keep the overall feeling simply and classy. Anything more would detract from the clean lines.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I still think they ought to put the Jenny Fish logo there. I think it would look superb. You are correct though. If the proper logo is used, it is very balanced IMHO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts