WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just sold an immaculate Invicta Pro Diver, and am looking to replace it with something. I am considering bidding on a barely used Orient Ray 2 on eBay, but then asked myself why. Firstly the Orient will probably cost me twice what I sold the Invicta for, and secondly, what makes it better. Now, I know about Orient divers, as I already own a Mako XL, and a Kamasu. So, both watches have a mineral crystal, both have a 316L case, both have a less than average bracelet with hollow end links, both are 200m WR, and both have a reasonable alloy bezel. The Invicta has the NH35 movement, whilst the Orient has it's own in house movement, but they are pretty comparable. The only thing that I can think of is that the lume on the Orient is better. Of course, in the watch world Orient is highly thought of, and Invicta isn't, but in reality there is very little logic for this. So please give me a reason to bid

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I'll give you a reason NOT to bid.

Asking strangers to give you a reason to buy is all wrong. You have the Mako and very similar Kamasu so why the Ray 2? Save your money until you find something you can't resist.

Reactions: Uberscreamer

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
The Ray is pretty similar to the 2 you already have though. Maybe another non diver Orient ?

Orient is a more respectable brand in my eyes.

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
If you don't feel inclined to bid, why should you listen to someone off in the netherworld regarding what to do? Hang onto your money until you find something that you like so much you don't have to ask anyone else what to do.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Why not sell your Mako XL and combine the money to buy a watch in the $300-$500 price range? Maybe a Glycine Combat Sub?

·
Premium Member
71,508 Posts
I think the Ray is an awesome watch but don’t bid on it Mrs W. There is clearly an element of doubt and doubt and watches should never be mixed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You're asking members of a watch forum to help you make a decision about how you should spend your money?

You should buy 2.

·
Premium Member
36,407 Posts
If you are looking at an Orient, check out the Triton as another suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts