WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all seen posts detailing problems with various watchmakers service centers. But here is a story I think ranks pretty high up there with what can go wrong.

Browsing an auction catalog I came across a lot for a 18K solid gold Speedmaster Pro that was made for astronaut Donn Eisele.

The story behind the watch is that it is part of a limited edition presentation series that Omega made for the Apollo astronauts (28 made in total). The problem with this watch was that the dedication on the back is to "Don F. Eisele" while the proper spelling should be "Donn F. Eisele".
Can you spell :oops: ?

FWIW the watch sold early this year for 84,000 US$

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Yow, that's pretty bad, Joe. Of course, I think I could touch that up with a fine point Sharpie. I had a lot of practice as a kid, changing Ds to Bs.

eric

·
Registered
748 Posts
I would absolutely love to own that beauty.....even though I am not a fan of Gold Watches. That one is just beautiful though. :think:

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Break out the sidegrinder Joe

get all that off and redo it. I got one of them diamond pens that you put your SS number on stuff so it won't get stolen. Ought to work just fine.
Looks like I'm not the only one around with a little spelling problem.
Wonder how many people noticed it?
jim

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
We have all seen posts detailing problems with various watchmakers service centers. But here is a story I think ranks pretty high up there with what can go wrong.

Browsing an auction catalog I came across a lot for a 18K solid gold Speedmaster Pro that was made for astronaut Donn Eisele.

The story behind the watch is that it is part of a limited edition presentation series that Omega made for the Apollo astronauts (28 made in total). The problem with this watch was that the dedication on the back is to "Don F. Eisele" while the proper spelling should be "Donn F. Eisele".
Can you spell :oops: ?

FWIW the watch sold early this year for 84,000 US$

Fixed the problem. Next!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts