WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I'm very interested in the SOA, but I have a question about its crystal. The Kobold web pages describe is as a "domed sapphire crystal."

Can anyone comment on the curvature/aggressiveness of the dome shape? I prefer a somewhat flatter crystal. The extensive photos that Obie and expwmbat provided of their SEALs yesterday make it seem as if the SEAL has a highly curved domed crystal. Can anyone who has both a SOA and a SEAL compare and contrast them?

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Greetings,

I'm very interested in the SOA, but I have a question about its crystal. The Kobold web pages describe is as a "domed sapphire crystal."

Can anyone comment on the curvature/aggressiveness of the dome shape? I prefer a somewhat flatter crystal. The extensive photos that Obie and expwmbat provided of their SEALs yesterday make it seem as if the SEAL has a highly curved domed crystal. Can anyone who has both a SOA and a SEAL compare and contrast them?

Thanks,

Doug
The curvature on the Seal is more pronounced than on the SOA

·
Registered
77 Posts
Doug:

I can't provide much insight in the Seal vs. SoA question, but I can tell you that the crystal is approx. 1/8" higher at the center than the edge of the bezel. Please note that this was done only with a straight edge and generally reliable eyeball - no micrometers laying about in this office! I'd say it's a pretty subtle dome, but decidedly not flat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts