WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an earlier post tlinn asked how may SOAs were ordered/sent out in this first go round. So...

What serial #'s can we pinpoint out there?

Mine, ordered 9/22/06 is # 1-162.

Anybody else?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Mine is 1109. I have not taken a close look, but is the case number on the watch somewhere. I see something by the lugs but I am an old man and can't read it.

I am a very satisfied customer. I think this is a great watch.

·
Registered
60 Posts
11-035... I'm just becoming more of a fan daily of

Kobold and his watches... I really wish I'd gotten an Endurance II, the blue bezel and hands simply kill....... I'm really enjoying my first day with SOA and the extra band was just a classy move.... Kudo's Mike......

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Re: 11-035... I'm just becoming more of a fan daily of

Well I think you can still get yourself an EII, as I have seen one or two up on Timezone within the last two weeks or so...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Mine is 1-097 and it was ordered in November, don't remember the exact date.
I THINK THEE IS NO PARTICULAR RHYME OR REASON TO THE SERIAL NUMBERS. I HAVE 1-109 AND WAS THE 4TH PERSON TO ORDER BACK IN JULY OR AUG I THINK

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine sits right inbetween pete s and erdoc at #1 098

I think I ordered it in sept but I'll have to check...
What does the # between the other lugs mean?
mine reads KD 637122

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As mr2blue points out, there doesn't seem to be any correlation between order date & serial #, which sort of surprises me. I guess it really doesn't matter much, but with all else being equal, I'd prefer an early # to a late #.

Any thoughts out there on either the importance of the actual # or on the process (or lack thereof) Kobold uses in matching watch #s to orders?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I believe the serial #s will one day be important as with any limited production items. Remember, Kobold only makes 2500 watches per year and he seems to be sticking to his guns on this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I picked my SOA up on Friday since it was having the bracelet installed and found my Serial # to be 1 037 which is pretty low it seems, from what others have posted. I ordered the first couple days it was available, but that doesn't seem to be pertinent... luck of the draw I guess. Beautiful watch, love the larger case and the decoration of the movement.

Regards,

Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts