WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I got this watch (caliber Felsa 238) and most likely of France origin.
It's clearly designed with a bezel to help a referee to check the time of a soccer match (45' per half).

I don't quite understand which brand is it, any suggestion?

Many thanks!

IMG_20190628_003203689_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
553 Posts
If I had to guess, I'd say that this is a modded watch with the original dial repainted and I do not believe that it was originally intended for football (sic) referees. The reason is that while a bezel with a 45 minute market makes sense, you would not want such a small second hand. You would want a prominent second hand so you could note more accurately how much time was being lost owing to stoppages. I could be wrong of course.

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
Almost looks like part of the LIP logo that has flaked off. Or, as mentioned, it could be redialed. The bezel is definitely used for soccer.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
You would want a prominent second hand so you could note more accurately how much time was being lost owing to stoppages.
I think the way they do it is more like..

- Not much happened: +3 minutes.
- Normal game: +4 minutes.
- More fouls and injuries: +5 minutes.

I don't think they use a seconds hand to track the time. But maybe there is a referee in the WUS crowd who knows better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I was thinking about LIP as well, maybe I put the dial under microscope and check if there is a trace something
else which might have falled off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Hi,

I was thinking about LIP as well, maybe I put the dial under microscope and check if there is a trace something
else which might have falled off.

Thanks!
Opening the case back and showing the movement would be most informative

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
IMHO modded ….pvd plating on the bracelet and case looks out of place with that dial/bezel from 60's/70's
actually don't think pvd/black watches came into fashion until 80's or later

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
IMHO modded ….pvd plating on the bracelet and case looks out of place with that dial/bezel from 60's/70's
actually don't think pvd/black watches came into fashion until 80's or later
I think Heuer, Citizen and Porche (among others) had black PVD watches in the 70's, but I guess it could have been the early 80's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts