WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

So I googled topics of softening Maratac straps and noticed most threads are a few years old.

Was wondering if anyone stumbled across new methods to make them softer.

I have 3 which I bought for $17 each and I really want to enjoy them. I never wear the same strap two days (I hope thats the only reason) in a row and I swear you can still cut fruit with how tough they are. I had one on yesterday after running it under warm water. It was perfect a couple of hours then almost gave me an itch on the inner of my wrist.

Here are the methods I tried:

- boiling each strap for 30 seconds. (was super soft and nice when wet and then went back to same stiffness)
- rolling them back and forth while watching tv (barely any change. I don't know if I rolled them long enough. Did it for 30-45 mins)

Methods suggested on the net:

- attach to belt insert on pair of jeans and throw in washing machine

- wear for two weeks

- wash in fabric softener (I am too afraid to try this method)

Now I did the below last night and will leave them like this for two weeks.

I even made sure I stick the pin in the same hole I do when I am wearing it. Do you think it will work, since the strap doesn't really know whether its on a hand or a stand?

Really hope someone has discovered a new way to make them more flexible and softened them up a little.

I feel bad that Im not enjoying them and will end up selling them for 10 bucks a piece on here if they don't start behaving.

strapss.jpg

those are the models I am referring to:

zululowlite2buckle_grande.jpg

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buy a new strap? lol
i have a dozen thin nato straps. i just want to make these work since they cost me double what a normal strap would cost.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I'll usually just play with a stiff strap while I'm watching tv or something...rolling it into a tight ball both ways, around on itself, etc. It'll loosen up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts