WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
I bought the black red bezel and swap the crappy bracelet with NATO strap too. The movement is not as crappy as I think. Running very good after 24 hrs +8 seconds.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
I bought the black red bezel and swap the crappy bracelet with NATO strap too. The movement is not as crappy as I think. Running very good after 24 hrs +8 seconds.

Hi guys, I mod my $15 Soki watch into a explorer + sub combo with date and super luminova...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Watch Green Black Analog watch Wrist

Green Black Neon Darkness Font

·
Registered
973 Posts
Cool mod.
I am considering ordering one just for the movement and put it into the bagel explorer II. But since the explorer II bezel has the 24 hour markings I would like to keep the 24 hour hand functionality, I am wondering if that requires a different movement all together or if this is just a matter of modifying how the 24 h hand is mounted...

Any input here would be appreciated since i'm a complete newby in this area. ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got mine and it is keeping time well. There is no 24 hour hand, so movement swop is not practical to the wonky Bagelsport with a 24 hour hand. Bracelet is weakest point and several links are badly finished but they will be the ones removed for sizing down. Mine was dirt cheap in a one day sale at US$13.49. The "clean room" where bracelet was assembled is definitely much dirtier than one in Geneva where the similar looking watches are made. Lots of dust and dirt under the protective tape. Bezel took several turns to loosen up and only turns contraclockwise. The Bagelsport at US$30 is definitely more than twice as nice. It still amazes me how even a very inexpensive watch can actually run fairly well. Also the difference of cost of making either a cheap or expensive movement is very little, once you have all the expensive machinery. The big cost difference comes in quality control to either make all perfect movements or sort out the various grades after the fact. Real gold of course adds to the costs vs genuine metal alloys and plating too. A number of extremely expensive watches are noted for poor running reliability, much of your price is eaten by repeated trips back to Switzerland for service.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I recently purchased a very similar "ZEIGER" brand watch on the 'bay for $18 shipped, I hate to say that I was rather disappointed. It had a chinese standard movement that ultimately stopped running a few days after I received the watch. It made me wonder how cheap is too cheap... for me the bagelsport is as low as I am willing to go in the budget mechanical watch category.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Triton9,
I like the mod a lot. I was thinking of buying a Soki sub, some hand removers and giving it a go myself. Never done a mod, but have bookmarked several pages about hand/dial removal and replacement.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the explorer dial and what size is it? Did the dial fit as it arrived or did you have to do anything special to it?

Thanks for your help

buddyx7

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just bought the Blue and Red version on a whim to practice doing the lume and maybe some other mods. Can someone give me a little more info on the bagelsport that was referenced above? Not really getting anything when I search that term. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Hi Triton9,
I like the mod a lot. I was thinking of buying a Soki sub, some hand removers and giving it a go myself. Never done a mod, but have bookmarked several pages about hand/dial removal and replacement.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the explorer dial and what size is it? Did the dial fit as it arrived or did you have to do anything special to it?

Thanks for your help

buddyx7
Hi

I bought it from ebay from Raffles times. The watch is using the DG2813 movement. You type DG2813 in the search engine of ebay and u will find it..

But I suggest u better save the mod for Bagelsport if you really want it as a keeper. Bagelsport is using SS case, feels heavier and much better in quality. But the price is double of Soki but still only $30 bucks.. Very affordable.

This is my bagelsport mod.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Green Turquoise

After market dial, hands and everything relume with super luminova. Second hand spray with red color.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Triton9, may I ask where did you bought your Bagelsport? I can't find a seller for them and eBay search doesn't show anything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts