WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my GW9010 out of the tin yesterday around noon, and have had it on since, with a couple of spells in front of a lamp. Now, it may have been in that little tin for quite some time, but when am I gonna see this sucker go from "M" to "H"?!?!?!?!?!?o| (Can't remember my GW EVER being off of "H")

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
While my GW5525 has never been off H (it was on display at JC Penny when I bought it, so it got plenty of light), it took (seemingly) forever for my GW700BDJ-2 to go from M to H. Give it some of that Miami sun, it'll get there soon!

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
You never know how long it's been in a tin/box when it comes to solars. I put mine by a window and let it charge up for about 24 hours, that should do the trick. Although I know the impulse to want to wear it right away ;-).

·
7,911 Posts
My Mudeman had come empty. A lamp for an hour moved it from L to M. To go from M to H it took 4 days in the window exposed to the sun. It'll get there :-!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Mudeman had come empty. A lamp for an hour moved it from L to M. To go from M to H it took 4 days in the window exposed to the sun. It'll get there :-!
wow! and if doug says so, I truly DO believe! (can we get a hallelujah?!?!?):-d:-d:-d:-d

Well, its staying on my wrist, so the Miami sun will have to do the trick on its own, and thanks to doug, I won't freak out if it takes until next week!:-!:-!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I recieved the Mudman about two and a half month ago with no charge left. I left it under a light and it soon got to a M charge. I have tried charging it under a lamp for many hours and it has been in the window but it has not reached H yet. Since I live in the middle of Norway there is only about 5 hour daylight each day now so my solar Gs don't get any direct sunlight. I think I have to wait until spring before my Mudman will reach a H charge. My two other solar Gs have H already.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Doug's answer in shorthand means "A long time" :-d.

·
7,911 Posts
wow! and if doug says so, I truly DO believe! (can we get a hallelujah?!?!?):-d:-d:-d:-d

Well, its staying on my wrist, so the Miami sun will have to do the trick on its own, and thanks to doug, I won't freak out if it takes until next week!:-!:-!
:-d:-d:-d I needed that laugh, thanks :-d

Doug's answer in shorthand means "A long time" :-d.
In a nutshell ;-)

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, its been on my wrist for 8 days now in sunny south florida, including a 5 hour stint on my dashboard yesterday when I switched it out for the GW9000.....still on "M"o|o|o|

I know, patience is a virtue.....gut geez.....:roll: (working perfectly, though!)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I would have expected it to be on 'H' by now, to be honest... :-(

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
All of my solars arrived on M or H which dropped to an M with my wanting to play with them but after a good hour of soaking in the Bahamian Sun they have all maintained their H status.........b-)

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
I would have expected it to be on 'H' by now, to be honest... :-(
Me too. While I wouldn't freak out just yet, I highly suggest leaving the watch by the window on a sunny day where you know it can get direct sunlight. Keep in mind there is a big difference between direct and indirect sunlight when it comes to tough solars.

Keep in mind that 5 minutes under direct sunlight is about how much it will take to power the watch for 1 day of normal use. An afternoon under direct sunlight should be sufficient to fully charge it.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Keep in mind that 5 minutes under direct sunlight is about how much it will take to power the watch for 1 day of normal use. An afternoon under direct sunlight should be sufficient to fully charge it.
I don't think that is correct.

Yes, according to the manual, 5 minutes of direct sunlight should give the watch enough power to function for a day, but to fully charge it will take much longer exposure.

Again, according to the manual, it requires 25 hours of direct outdoor sunlight to move fully from an indicated charge of level 2 and then another 7 hours of direct outdoor sunlight to fully charge the watch. That's 32 hours of direct outdoor sunlight.

It could take more than a couple of weeks to reach that level of exposure under normal use, not just "an afternoon."

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
I don't think that is correct.

Yes, according to the manual, 5 minutes of direct sunlight should give the watch enough power to function for a day, but to fully charge it will take much longer exposure.

Again, according to the manual, it requires 25 hours of direct outdoor sunlight to move fully from an indicated charge of level 2 and then another 7 hours of direct outdoor sunlight to fully charge the watch. That's 32 hours of direct outdoor sunlight.

It could take more than a couple of weeks to reach that level of exposure under normal use, not just "an afternoon."
My understanding was that it was already on M level - to kick it up to H would indeed take only an afternoon under direct sunlight.

Wearing it would substantially cut down on solar absorption, so it would indeed take a couple weeks to get it to H that way.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
My understanding was that it was already on M level - to kick it up to H would indeed take only an afternoon under direct sunlight.

Wearing it would substantially cut down on solar absorption, so it would indeed take a couple weeks to get it to H that way.
From threshod of M level to threshold of H level = 25 hours.

From threshold of H level to fully charged = 7 hours.

.:-!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I agree with Gaijin.....look back to what Doug said above....I just haven't wanted to take it off long enough to give it a straight couple of days of sunlight. I'm not really concerned; if my GW9000 is any guide, once it hits H it will likely never leave it!|>:p:-!

·
7,911 Posts
I agree with Gaijin.....look back to what Doug said above....I just haven't wanted to take it off long enough to give it a straight couple of days of sunlight. I'm not really concerned; if my GW9000 is any guide, once it hits H it will likely never leave it!|>:p:-!
I would had worried if it never went from L to M as then you could be worried that it wasn't holding a charge. But rest assured, if it went from L to M it's charging, it's just waiting for that charge to go to F that drove me nuts o| :-d

1 - 20 of 21 Posts