WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my watch yesterday and the power was on MID. As I read on the manual, direct sunlight takes only 5 min. After putting on direct sunlight, it's still in MID.. I did test solar panel, on the screen SLR, after covering the panel it does shows 8888. How long does it takes for a full charge?

·
Registered
166 Posts
That 5mins could cover your daily use. If its deficit for like near low-mid level. You must keep it under the sun longer.. Dont worry it wont melt like ice cream. It will get hot for sure but will eventually cool down after taking off the sun in just few minutes.

hawlrite!

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
Got my watch yesterday and the power was on MID. As I read on the manual, direct sunlight takes only 5 min. After putting on direct sunlight, it's still in MID.. I did test solar panel, on the screen SLR, after covering the panel it does shows 8888. How long does it takes for a full charge?
Your watch has the 3279 module. The Owner's Manual shows the following charging times:

That chart shows that when your watch shows "MID" it could take up to 21 hours of exposure to direct sunlight before it will indicate "HIGH." Further, after your watch first indicates "HIGH" it will take an additional 6 hours of exposure to direct sunlight before the watch is fully charged.

As mentioned, yoiur daily battery consumption could be replenished by as little as 5 minutes of direct sunlight exposure, but that will not increase the charge level of the watch at all.

The good news is, once you have the watch fully charged, it will take much less sunlight (or equivalent) to keep it well charged.

HTH

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the explanation. I guess some review videos are misleading.

Your watch has the 3279 module. The Owner's Manual shows the following charging times:

That chart shows that when your watch shows "MID" it could take up to 21 hours of exposure to direct sunlight before it will indicate "HIGH." Further, after your watch first indicates "HIGH" it will take an additional 6 hours of exposure to direct sunlight before the watch is fully charged.

As mentioned, yoiur daily battery consumption could be replenished by as little as 5 minutes of direct sunlight exposure, but that will not increase the charge level of the watch at all.

The good news is, once you have the watch fully charged, it will take much less sunlight (or equivalent) to keep it well charged.

HTH

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I guess some review videos are misleading.
Video reviews are probably "misleading" because of the nature of video -- people hear what they want to hear, just like they often read what they want to read -- except it's easier to read a paragraph and instantly re-read it than it is to stop and rewind a video!

"Wait, did I understand that part correctly? Oh, now the guy's talking about the tide charts...."

As BeaVis PaLigis and gaijin said above, five minutes of sunlight a day is enough to recharge the battery from the tiny amount of power that the watch uses on a typical day -- Casio usually estimates that as "one backlight use and one alarm beeping until it stops automatically" and in the case of atomic models "one auto-receive of the radio signal" as shown on page 10 of your manual at http://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/009/qw3279.pdf

Casio estimates that it takes 27 HOURS of direct sunlight to charge that model from "almost dead" to "completely charged," as underlined in their charts:

8900 charging.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts