WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Congrats on the new watch, and great writeup!

I agree that the watch wears larger on non tapering bracelet - I bought mine (regular Tank Must Large) on the OEM bracelet though have switched to a leather strap as I seem to be in between link sizes.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have questions.

dO tHeY mAkE tHiS iN mEn’S sIzE?

(To clarify, no, I’m not seriously being a b-hole, I’m making fun of comments posted by people being b-holes on some pretty terrific YouTube videos I’ve watched)

One that is semi-serious, would this be a potential antidote to me buying oversized sports and dive watches? Because I do that too much. That thing on mesh is pretty hawt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
View attachment 16660934
View attachment 16660936

I just want to post this here for posterity. Maybe it’ll be useful to someone.

In September 2021 I paid in full for the Large Tank Must Solarbeat “One Shot” Edition. The only difference between the standard Large and the One Shot Large is the strap color; it’s blue rather than black. This edition also has a different reference number; it’s WSTA0062 rather than WSTA0059.

View attachment 16660932

The watch arrived on May 26, 2022.

The wait felt long. I’ve heard and read conflicting reports about the Solarbeat production troubles. Some say it’s being discontinued already, others, like the Cartier CEO said that production is increasing and to expect more in June 2022. My delivery seems to support the latter.

Large is 25.5mm wide, 33.7mm long, and uses 19mm straps (ie. has 19mm lug widths). I had a 18mm mesh bracelet lying around so I tried that look and really like it on my 18cm wrist.

View attachment 16660933

I also opened up the case and see that there’s a rechargeable Panasonic battery inside. I wasn’t expecting that. Who knows what that means for the advertised 16 year lifespan.

View attachment 16660943
View attachment 16660945
Something that I learned from @timetraveler812 on Instagram: there is a relatively simple way to tell the difference between the Solarbeat and the standard quartz. The Solarbeat’s 4 numerals do not connect.

View attachment 16660942

That’s all for now. Hopefully this info gets indexed by search engines for all the nerds like me who care about this stuff.
View attachment 16660948
Hey, I think you have the best watch channel on YouTube! Nice to see you here.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You know it's 2022 when 25.5x33.7 is a large. That's smaller than a Reverso medium (26x42.2).
The Tank Solo Large already had those dimensions.
There was also a XL version and a Small version.
At the moment they still have the 3 versions.
the “large” is not a large watch. Still appeals to the target audience which is a customer of the small version. It is “large” for that audience.

The upgrade in the new Must versions is the quick release bracelet.
I prefer the design of the Tank solo to the must and with the OEM bracelet vs leather

·
Premium Member
JLC Reverso Duoface
6,271 Posts
There was also a XL version and a Small version. At the moment they still have the 3 versions. The “large” is not a large watch. Still appeals to the target audience which is a customer of the small version. It is “large” for that audience.
Heh, that makes total sense! ;)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I like what they did with the new Tanks by rounding out the cases. However, the large is even too small by my standards, and I enjoy smaller watches. I was shocked when I tried it on at the AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
917 Posts
View attachment 16660934
View attachment 16660936

I just want to post this here for posterity. Maybe it’ll be useful to someone.

In September 2021 I paid in full for the Large Tank Must Solarbeat “One Shot” Edition. The only difference between the standard Large and the One Shot Large is the strap color; it’s blue rather than black. This edition also has a different reference number; it’s WSTA0062 rather than WSTA0059.

View attachment 16660932

The watch arrived on May 26, 2022.

The wait felt long. I’ve heard and read conflicting reports about the Solarbeat production troubles. Some say it’s being discontinued already, others, like the Cartier CEO said that production is increasing and to expect more in June 2022. My delivery seems to support the latter.

Large is 25.5mm wide, 33.7mm long, and uses 19mm straps (ie. has 19mm lug widths). I had a 18mm mesh bracelet lying around so I tried that look and really like it on my 18cm wrist.

View attachment 16660933

I also opened up the case and see that there’s a rechargeable Panasonic battery inside. I wasn’t expecting that. Who knows what that means for the advertised 16 year lifespan.

View attachment 16660943
View attachment 16660945
Something that I learned from @timetraveler812 on Instagram: there is a relatively simple way to tell the difference between the Solarbeat and the standard quartz. The Solarbeat’s 4 numerals do not connect.

View attachment 16660942

That’s all for now. Hopefully this info gets indexed by search engines for all the nerds like me who care about this stuff.
View attachment 16660948
I hope the CEO is right that they are starting to produce more. If that's true though, the message isn't being passed along to the people who are supposed to sell them. I went into an AD today and they said that they were advised that they are now out of production and they had never even received one in the shop.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I went into an AD today and they said that they were advised that they are now out of production and they had never even received one in the shop.
Wow I’m surprised to hear that. All the other reports to that effect seem to have originated from Cartier boutiques or customer service. While one might expect them to have better information than ADs, they’re really more focused on the jewelry so I always took their statements with a grain of salt.

I hope Cartier made enough parts to service those on the market in 16 years. I’d be sad to send mine for service and get it back with a new standard quartz movement/replacement dial.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Wow I’m surprised to hear that. All the other reports to that effect seem to have originated from Cartier boutiques or customer service. While one might expect them to have better information than ADs, they’re really more focused on the jewelry so I always took their statements with a grain of salt.

I hope Cartier made enough parts to service those on the market in 16 years. I’d be sad to send mine for service and get it back with a new standard quartz movement/replacement dial.
Yeah, I'm hoping it was just a salesperson being out of the loop. She seemed pretty certain though.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts