WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought these two separately off eBay late last summer. The 6900 came with bullbars, the other I added after the fact. I prefer to sell as a pair, so this is a great way to get your G-Shocks for cheap! I'm selling because I want to fund other pieces and I find the negative displays hard to read.

TL;DR is below! $50 SHIPPED!!

The DW-5600MS square is based on the 1545 module. Evidently that has something to do with the year on the date function. Long story short (and if memory serves correct), this means that in the 2030's or so, the watch will revert to showing '00 for the year, rather than '30, or whatever it switches over at. There are newer modules that go longer, but let's be honest, none of you will still own this watch come the 2030's.

When I bought it off eBay, the photos were pretty ragged. The watch was definitely well used and showed. It had dirt all over it and was not terribly clean when I received it. I promptly took it apart and washed every bit of it with dish soap and a brush. I put in a new battery as well at the time.

The visibility is what it is on the negative display. The light is strong and bright, but I just find myself not in love with how hard it is for me to read, or how it sits on my tiny wrist.

As far as the DW-6900MS goes, I bought it because I wanted the iconic "everyman's" G-Shock. Other than the square, when I envision a G-Shock in my mind, this is what I think of. And then I figured, why not get the "Men in Rusty Black" reverse red version to match the square I already had. Plus, it had bullbars, which I thought was a cool touch.

Upon receipt, it wasn't too dirty or anything but the display definitely did have an issue, as you can see in the picture here:

It is difficult to read under normal circumstances. This display may have some internal damage or something as you can see it's totally uneven. Despite that, everything functions as far as I can tell, based on the limited interactions and use I gave it. Here are some more pictures.

Yup, lots of words. Here's the TL;DR version:

$50 gets you 2 G-Shocks shipped to your US location. Paypal please and check my feedback here, it's pretty dang good for a once-in-a-while seller.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts