WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!

Purchased used, selling not worn too much more, I am the second owner. Came to me with natural patina, selling that way - easy enough to clean it back to shiny if you want, with any of numerous methods you can find online. Watch is not at all hard-worn, no scratches or dent. There's some kind of tiny mark at 12:02 on the bezel but it only shows at very certain angles, and I can't really get a decent pic of it, it's so small and insignificant. Otherwise, excellent shape. This is the version with black hands, not blued; has Archimede logo and date window at 6.

Archimede is owned by Ickler, who manufactures cases for other brands and very much knows what they are doing. 39mm diameter is not small, but it's the rest of the dimensions which are so telling, with a thickness just under 10mm and L2L of 45mm, which makes it wear really well on even smaller wrists. The supple strap features matching bronze rivets and signed buckle. Comes with an extra brown strap which also includes its own buckle. Straps are in decent condition, but show wear consistent with light use, including creases at the third hole from lugs, to fit 7" wrist.

Comes with box, but no paperwork - which means I have no information about purchase date, but judging from patina development not more than two years old? Was sold to me from first owner, but no proof. No service on my end, runs the ETA 2824-2 movement. I have not timed the watch, but if there's any loss or gain, it's not readily apparent at the end of a day.

Great bronze-case watch from a respected German company in a traditional style.

From the Archimede website:

Bronze case (CuSn8), manufactured by ICKLER in Pforzheim, Germany
Movement: Swiss made automatic movement Eta 2824-2
Sapphire crystal with antireflective coating
Water resistant to 5 ATM
Pilot's crown
Screw down case back (stainless steel) with sapphire crystal.
Dimensions: Diameter 39mm, thickness 9,8 mm, lug-to-lug length 45 mm
Dial: Black, with luminous numerals and indexes, date at 6 o'clock
Hands: Black luminous hands
Strap: Black leather strap with rivets (wrist size: 17,5 - 21cm)

New, these sell for just over USdollar1k, selling this gently used example with extra strap for SOLD! $495 - includes PP fee and USPS Priority Mail insured shipping to US address. International sales considered, at additional postage and conditions.

(woops! Hair has been removed from crown...)

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Price drop to $495. C'mon - that extra strap alone is $100 from Archimede; they get $50 for just the buckle...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts