WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now SOLD ($440).

I'm selling my Benarus Sea Devil. This one is the PVD, black-dialed version with orange minute hand and deleted helium valve. I purchased it from a fellow forum member just over a year ago in close-to-mint condition and have worn it sparingly and conservatively. This one is number 45/100.

Watch is a handsome lump, decently weighty and thick and with wide (24 mm) lugs but 'only' 45 mm in diameter, so eminently wearable even on skinny wrists (I am 6.5"). I am selling because it is just that little bit too big.

The PVD is overall in excellent shape, with a microdot around the 57 minute mark on the bezel and an even smaller one at around 43. There are a couple very small grazes on the bezel around the top of the watch, and a small, circular ding on the lower-left lug. There may just be the slightest signs of wear around the edges of the case on other parts. The pictures give an accurate impression of the overall condition of the watch (please excuse lint).

The lug bars have been screwed a handful of times from strap changes, so some of the PVD did wear off on the screws; it was almost impossible to avoid. There are NO other marks from strap changes. I have worn the watch on two of the three stock straps but mostly on a Toshi which is not part of the sale. The supplied leather strap is close to mint, but with a crease where I wore it two or three times. I never did wear it much due to 'wrist flop' - I would suggest something sturdier. The supplied rubber strap has been worn a little more (note the sheen in the pics), and I put in an extra hole for my skinny wrists (also see pic); please excuse the lint. PVD buckles on both these straps are mint. The supplied bracelet looks like it has been sized (one link removed) by the previous owner but never worn. Bracelet comes with both conventional and butterfly deployants (the conventional is still factory-sealed).

Overall package is complete and comprises Benarus two-watch case, the three straps and butterfly clasp, two screwdrivers and warranty card dated March 09.

I've included pics of the watch mounted on my almond Toshi to give you an idea of its potential. As I mentioned, the Toshi is not included in the sale.

Asking price is $440 (now SOLD), including USPS Priority shipping within the CONUS with tracking and insurance. This price is firm. Apologies to international members but I won't ship outside the US as it's just too risky.

I will take a trade if anything interesting comes up. Please describe the trade watch clearly and its trade value.

Thanks for looking, and feel free to ask for further high-res pics. Plenty of recent positive feedback on the forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: FSOT: Benarus Sea Devil PVD Black Dial 45/100

Bump. Some interesting offers but no firm bites yet.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: FSOT: Benarus Sea Devil PVD Black Dial 45/100

This is now sold ($440). Thanks to all those who enquired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts