Sadly I sell this 2 day old Guinand Flight Engineer. I have been pining for this watch for over a year. Missed out on a couple in the preowned market so finally pulled the trigger and bought it directly from Guinand (Awesome customer service!!). When you love the design of a watch, and the specs check your boxes, no matter how well it looks on paper, the only way you will know if the watch is a keeper is if you handle it in person. This is a solid watch, but when I placed this on my wrist for the first time, I was expecting elation and happiness but as Miss Kondo says, this just did not spark joy. I have purchased a Sinn 556 in between the time of first seeking this watch to now and perhaps that already satiated the void unbeknownst to me (Fyi, owner of Guinand was the former founder of Sinn). I just can't explain it but this watch doesn't do it for me. I think I was more addicted to the chase. My loss your gain YAY!!

Comes full kit, warranty dated a couple of week ago. Cool case, bunch of papers including test results. Also included but not pictured are 2 tools supplied by Guinand. Sized to 6.50" wrist and all links included of course. Caseback and clasp stickers still intact.

The marketing:

Reduced to the essentials, the time display via 3 hands, the readability of the watch is perfect. The date indication is positioned on a position of the dial which does not disturb the large hour number.

Another special feature of this instrument watch, however, is conceiled in the case. A soft iron inner housing consisting of 3 housing parts effectively shields the inserted automatic movement against magnetic fields. Up to a magnetic field strength of 1000 Oerstedt this cage protects against magnetic fields by passing the magnetic field around the movement and prevents permanent magnetization of the balance spring and other steel watch parts (levers, screws, shafts).

Movement
  • Calibre Sellita SW220-1
  • Self-winding mechanical movement
  • 26 jewels
  • 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
  • Movement diameter 11½ ‘‘‘ (25,60 mm)
  • Incabloc shock protection
  • Glucydur balance wheel
  • Bidirectional self winding, rotor with ball-bearing
  • Power reserve approx. 38 hours
  • Movement decorated with Perlage and Diamond snail
  • Rotor decorated with Côtes de Genève with engraved Guinand logo
  • Blued screws
Case
  • Stainless steel hand satinized
  • Magnetic field protection inner housing made of RFe 60 / 1.1015 according to DIN 17405
  • Sapphire crystal glass, domed, anti-reflective on the interior
  • Screwed back
  • Screwed crown, double O-ring sealed
  • Protected chrono pushers
  • Pressure resistant up to 20 bar
Dimensions and Weight
  • Case diameter: 40.6 mm / 1.6 inch
  • Case thickness: 14.8 mm / 0.58 inch
  • Band lug width: 20 mm
  • Lug-to-lug distance: 48.5 mm / 1.91 inch
  • Distance between the spring bars: 46.3 mm / 1.82 inch
After everything including customs, this came out to approx $1735. I would love to get back what I paid, but this is WUS for crying out loud : )

$1650 for a new watch without the 1+ month wait.