WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I was seeing on ebay that the pokémon cards were sold for a good handful of euros and I thought like a joke, I'm going to put my little one

My Japanese jewel casio f91w for an exorbitant price and see what happens, and what was my surprise that the watch was sold for 1,000 euros, and there was not only one offer but several, now I am happy and sad, to see lost a unique piece , but happy because this way I can change the shock absorbers of my car. Since personally he was not going through a good economic moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
Rolex Sub 116610LN || Rolex Datejust 126234 36mm Slate dial and Roman markers || G-Shock GW-5000-1JF
2,412 Posts
English translation:

Hello, I was seeing on ebay that the pokémon cards were sold for a good handful of euros and I thought like a joke, I'm going to put my little one
My Japanese jewel casio f91w for an exorbitant price and see what happens, and what was my surprise that the watch was sold for 1,000 euros, and there was not only one offer but several, now I am happy and sad, to see lost a unique piece , but happy because this way I can change the shock absorbers of my car. Since personally I was not going through a good economic moment.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
@Martins. Sorry, I don't quite understand.

Are you posting your own experience here or quoting someone else's annecdotal experience that you happen to have translated?

Or has the F91W (Japan edition?) become really that rare for some reason?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts

Are you posting your own experience here or quoting someone else's annecdotal experience that you happen to have translated?

I think it was meant as a joke.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

think that a bit, since you see yourself with papers, original box and original strap, it is the only unit preserved, you will not see another like it other than this one. You can look and search you will not find anything.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it was meant as a joke.
No, it is not a joke, it is a unique piece, the most sought after for Casio collectors of the F series, but of course for most people who are not in the world of collecting it is difficult to understand.
P. D congratulations to the new owner.

• Wow
Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I saw this same exact post on reddit, word for word, along with multiple other postings by the same guy over a couple years about the same watch.

I had no idea it's "the most sought after" F-91 and apparently neither does Google. ;)

If the story is true, more power to OP.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I saw this same exact post on reddit, word for word, along with multiple other postings by the same guy over a couple years about the same watch.

I had no idea it's "the most sought after" F-91 and apparently neither does Google. ;)

If the story is true, more power to OP.
if you say it enough times, ppl may start to believe then they stupidly pay 1000EU for a $10 watch 😅

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Derp. For something that costs 834 JPY at Bic or the good ol' Yode

View attachment 16217516
Made in China friend , Japanese packaging.
Tell the truth please, this forum is serious, you have made a screenshot, but in the re-edit application and where you have taken the photo that is a YouTube video you can see perfectly that it is the Chinese model and with green Led, nothing to do with the one in the photo.

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
Not....sure......what.....is....happening.....🏃‍♂️

Purple Art Pink Wood Wall

·
Registered
Rolex Sub 116610LN || Rolex Datejust 126234 36mm Slate dial and Roman markers || G-Shock GW-5000-1JF
2,412 Posts
I think OP is saying this is a Made In Japan 1989 model with a different bulb light and is the rarest F-91W.

He is flaunting the fact he was able to sell it for 1000 Euros after so many years of reposting this everywhere in the internet.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I don't understand what is going on.

If this is a hoax, which supposed to influence unsuspecting people into making bad deals, then it should be reported and removed by the admin.

I don't know about anyone else, but it is sure confusing to me and I consider myself having been around a while as Casio fan.

So imagine some newbie fan collector, who is seeking answers, finds this thread and then takes it for the qualified advice that F17 usually stands for.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
If you Google "F-91" and "Made in Japan," the only results you will find are from this single poster, OP of this thread.

He's also posted the same stuff on Reddit for years under a similar name.

Nobody else on the internet seems to be talking about this watch.

He "sold" it on a site called wallapop (link) which is sort of like a Craigslist thing. That's the screenshot he shared above.

Judge for yourself. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you Google "F-91" and "Made in Japan," the only results you will find are from this single poster, OP of this thread.

He's also posted the same stuff on Reddit for years under a similar name.

Nobody else on the internet seems to be talking about this watch.

He "sold" it on a site called wallapop (link) which is sort of like a Craigslist thing. That's the screenshot he shared above.

Judge for yourself. :)
That's right, friend, thank you.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't understand what is going on.

If this is a hoax, which supposed to influence unsuspecting people into making bad deals, then it should be reported and removed by the admin.

I don't know about anyone else, but it is sure confusing to me and I consider myself having been around a while as Casio fan.

So imagine some newbie fan collector, who is seeking answers, finds this thread and then takes it for the qualified advice that F17 usually stands for.
I don't quite understand what you are saying.
1-I see the price I want, if someone buys well and if not, then nothing, you have to lower the price, this is called supply / demand.
2-I am known at the forum level not only here, in Spain as well, I was never a speculator, I put the offer half as a joke, and someone pulled the trigger.
3-Most importantly, the prices are usually set based on other sales of the same product, so you will know if you are successful or not, in this case there is no precedent for the sale of a Casio F-91W Japan U since the 4 years that I have been, So the starting price is a novelty, if in the future someone locates more, surely there will be more supply and that will reduce its attractiveness and its price, but I do not think so, as I said, very few units were manufactured in Japan only year 89 and quickly production moved to Korea, Malaysia, China, apart from this, this watch has always been throwaway, the few remaining Japanese units will have been in the trash for a long time.

·
Registered
All Square all the time. (Almost)
816 Posts
No, it is not a joke, it is a unique piece, the most sought after for Casio collectors of the F series, but of course for most people who are not in the world of collecting it is difficult to understand.
P. D congratulations to the new owner.
The above is crazy.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts