WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

Up for sale is a rare PMX56-2732 in good cosmetic shape. However, I'm selling it as a parts watch because I believe the capacitor needs to be replaced. This is one of those monocoque cases that need to be opened up from the front, so it's beyond my ability to attempt a DIY. It could be a project for someone more skilled, or a cheap parts watch if you happen to have another one of these rare cushion case models (PMX56-2731/2732).

It runs and keeps time as long as I keep it exposed to light. The perpetual calendar works fine too. The movement has a "power save" feature which stops the hands after it's been placed in the dark for a while. The problem is that when the watch is exposed to light again a few days later and comes out of power save mode, it loses track of time and date.

I've shipped it to Citizen USA, and they told me that they cannot service this watch because it is a JDM model and discontinued. They said if the movement needs to be repaired or replaced they do not have the parts. They did align the chapter ring for me (and in the process put a few scratches on the bezel), and performed WR test on it. Specs on the watch are:

• Case width: 38mm (w/o crown)
  • Lug to lug length: 45mm
  • Lug spacing: 20mm
  • Thickness: 12.5mm
  • Crystal: sapphire
  • Movement: EcoDrive B766 perpetual calendar
  • WR rating: 200 meters
I'm putting it up for $85 and I will pay for shipping within the USA. Please search for my user name in the feedback forum. I've done quite a few deals and have a spotless track record. Any questions, please ask.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts