WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

(SOLD) FS: Grand Seiko Limited Edition SBGJ235 Hi-Beat Automatic GMT with Mt. Iwate sunburst dial

9K views 20 replies 1 participant last post by  MidnightBeggar 
#1 · (Edited)
Up for sale today:

Grand Seiko Heritage Collection - Limited Edition SBGJ235 - Full Set: Box, Papers, Bracelet links

These pieces were only available at Grand Seiko Boutiques and the original owner purchased this from the Ginza Boutique in Tokyo (as stamped in the Certificate of Guarantee). I do love this piece but it is not getting nearly enough daylight in my rotation, so I present it for purchase.

If you have noticed the Mount Iwate dial on a couple of other GS pieces, you will already be familiar with the most striking aspect of this watch. There's really nothing else like the blued-sunburst ridged dial that is featured here and shows why GS is really second to none in terms of dial quality/finishing. Additionally, the zaratsu polishing on the hands and case is stunning. As per my usual, I try to accurately represent the minor scrapes that are present on this piece. The case is in very good condition with one minor scrape on the bezel near 12 o'clock position, and the non-crown side has some hairline scrapes. Lastly, there are superficial scrapes on the underside of the bracelet near the buckle though none visible on the buckle itself.

This is a true GMT with quickset/jumping hour hand for setting. Hacking seconds. In terms of automatic movements and presentations, this is among the highest quality that Grand Seiko does. The watch glows in sunlight and is a fantastic piece. I hate to see it go but room must be made.

EDIT: Revised terms: This is being offered for $6500 $6400 and will include shipping and the protections of PP G&S. Transactions only for those in CONUS.

You can message me direct on WUS or email me at midnightbeggarwatch (at) gmail.com and I'm happy to share numerous references for me as a seller here on WUS, my ebay rating/feedback, and purchasing feedback from Omega Forums, Rolex Forums, and Reddit.

Condition: Very Good
Movement: GS 9S86 Hi-Beat Automatic w/manual winding
Crystal: Dual Curved Sapphire Crystal
Case: Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 40mm diameter, 14mm thickness
Caseback: Display, screw-down case back
Crowns: Badged, screw-down crown
Dial: Mount Iwate blue artisan dial
Bracelet: Original bracelet with extra links, 3-fold clasp
WR: 10 Bar

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.