WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CS3112 - Tag Heuer Carrera Re-Issue (1996) - Salmon Dial

Among the Carrera Re-Issues that occurred in the 90’s, the rarest of the lot was by far this salmon dial 3-register recreation of the 2447 Heuer Carrera. All the Re-Issues were faithful to the original Carrera design at 36mm diameter, and 43mm lug-to-lug. Of course, the big differentiator here is that the original 2447 was never made as a salmon dial, which varies here from golden to copper in tone depending on light. I obtained this piece at a major/repudiable auction earlier this year. The dial is in very good condition, the hands appear to have been possibly re-lumed at some point, though it was quite skillful and matching original (this detail was disclosed at time of auction so I’m trying to pass along everything I was told). It comes on its original strap, black leather with Heuer buckle (as pictured) and would fit up to a seven inch wrist as it stands now. It has a signed crown and does not appear to have been polished. The watch is in perfect working order with all counters resetting to zero. The acrylic crystal has surface scratches commensurate with normal wear. I considered taking these out with a little PolyWatch but I’m leaving to show this is being left in exactly the condition I received it from auction (tried as best I could to show in pics). There are also hairline scratches in the case (as pictured) which reflects normal wear but the absence of any major scratches shows this piece was owned with care.

It’s a stunner for sure. It comes with the original box, case, and papers (as pictured). As usual, I try to represent things as honestly as possible with my pics and you are free to email me with questions or requests for additional pics. It probably could use a service if you so choose or you can enjoy it in its current condition as I have noticed no issues at all during its time with me.

Transactions only for those in CONUS. Cost is $4100 to me via PayPal. I will pay any fees associated with PayPal goods & services and the purchase price includes shipping. Feel free to email [email protected] or message me on WUS.

This is a unicorn for Heuer fans. It pains me to sell as I looked for one for so long but as many of you know, as soon as you find what you are looking for bigger ships appear on the horizon.

Condition: Dial/Bezel: very good, Case: good
Movement: Lemania 1873 manual wind
Crystal: Acrylic
Case: Stainless
Dimmensions: 36mm diameter, 43mm lug-to-lug
Caseback: Screw-down
Crown: signed Heuer
Dial: Salmon dial
Strap: Original 18mm black leather with Heuer buckle
WR: unknown

1 - 2 of 2 Posts