WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a lot of deliberation, I have decided to sell this German beauty. It just does not get worn a lot anymore and I would like it to go to someone who will wear it and love it.

The watch was originally purchased as a Big Pilot Ref. DD3c in March 2015. In May 2021, it underwent a case refinishing and conversion to a Marine Arabic Silver with OEM parts from the manufacturer, professionally assembled and tested by the watchmakers at Zeit Zone Zurich, Switzerland. All original parts are included in the scope of delivery, should the new owner wish to convert it back to a pilot's watch.

I have worn this watch carefully over the years as part of a larger rotation. It has never seen water, and I am the first and only owner with all documents in my name. The case was recently given a light brushing and has a perfect fine satin finish, sharp edges all around and only one minor mark on one of the lugs (see pictures for details). The crystals on both sides are clean. All functions work perfectly, and it keeps excellent time - it runs a few seconds slow with the crown up and a few seconds fast with the face up, so I never really had to set it if I kept it wound every day.

The secret star of the show is of course the movement. It is a traditional ETA Unitas 6498-2 manual wind with modern specifications, and is finished to the highest standards. The guilloché pattern on the three-quarter plate is mesmerizing. Furthermore, it features blued screws, gold chatons framing the jewels, and perlage under the balance wheel. The ratchet wheel has a luxurious blue sunburst finish and the regulator is a swan neck with an offset screw (a Tourby invention, apparently, which allows regulation without taking the movement out of the case).

The legibility of the contrasting, heat-blued steel hands against the large matte silver dial and the railroad minute track printed in black is simply superb.

Two straps are included: a navy blue alligator strap with blue stitching (embossed calf leather) and a gray nubuck leather strap with gray stitching. Both straps are quality Hirsch brand and are practically new (less than three months old) with only minor crease marks and no stains whatsoever.

Asking a firm and fair USD 1,300 including worldwide, fully insured shipping with UPS Expedited (e.g. 5 working days to U.S. mainland) and including PayPal G&S fee (domestic USD/EUR/CHF wire payment accepted as well). This price already reflects the fact that the watch might need a service in a few years' time, purely based on its age. I am also not factoring in the cost of the OEM conversion parts, so take the chance to snatch one up at less than 50% MSRP with an extra strap, too!

BRAND: Tourby​
MODEL: Marine Arabic Silver 45mm (dial/hands/crown conversion from DD3c Big Pilot; original parts are included)​
MOVEMENT: Cal. 74.3 Guilloché (base ETA Unitas 6498-2), manual wind, 19 jewels, highly decorated, 21,600bph, 50hrs power reserve​
CASE: All brushed steel, with transparent case back​
CROWN: Push/pull, Onion-style, unsigned​
CRYSTAL: Slightly domed sapphire crystal with bluish AR coating on the underside​
SIZE: 45mm diameter / 14.5mm thick / 55mm lug-to-lug​
LUGS: 22mm​
DIAL: Matte Sterling Silver 925/000 with glossy black printing​
HANDS: Heat-blued steel feuille hands, small seconds at 6 o'clock​
BEZEL: Fixed, all brushed steel​
CONDITION: Very good (little to no signs of wear)​
BOXES/PAPERS: Full set (sturdy leather watch roll, original warranty card, invoice for conversion parts)​
WATER RESISTANCE: 50m​
STRAP/BRACELET: Navy blue, water resistant Hirsch Grand Duke leather strap with brushed and signed pin buckle; additionally included is a very supple gray Hirsch Osiris leather strap with nubuck effect; both straps have quick-release spring bars for easy strap changes​

No offers or trades please.

Thanks for looking!

Watch Analog watch Wood Clock Measuring instrument

Watch Hand Analog watch Gesture Clock

Watch Analog watch Amber Finger Everyday carry

Watch Hand Analog watch Yellow Gesture

Eyewear Wood Musical instrument Natural material Material property

Watch Analog watch Wood Clock Watch accessory

Finger Gesture Violet Thumb Electric blue

Hand Fluid Finger Revolver Wood

Motor vehicle Wood Nickel Everyday carry Jewellery

Wood Jewellery Strap Automotive tire Denim