1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD -- Gavox Aurora
Ref 446.0

IMG_3132.jpg

This is a remarkable aviation watch, a sort of microbrand analog G-shock multi-function pilot watch that is both a GADA and the ultimate G&G. It’s extremely entertaining to wear, watching the hands moving in all directions as you shift from function to function, especially at night with the insane lume blazing. The dial is clean and legible with its 12, 3, 6, 9 layout, despite having a chronograph, countdown timer, UTC mode, perpetual calendar, moon phase, and optional running seconds. The different functions are intuitive to use, and takes about 5 minutes to learn how to set everything. It’s also comfortable, wearing much more like a 42mm watch because of the short lugs and 12mm thickness (compared to the average 14mm-15mm thickness on an automatic chrono).

IMG_6318.JPG

Here’s a link to Gavox’s website to learn more:

https://gavox.com/watches/aurora/

Here is an interactive tutorial for the functions of the watch:

Gavox demo

Here is the W&W review:

Gavox Aurora Review - Worn & Wound

IMG_3168.JPG

I am the first owner and purchased directly from Gavox in February 2018, covered under a 2-year manufacturer warranty. It will be delivered with everything that came with it, including a gorgeous carved wooden box that is actually useful compared to the average watch box.

Condition is excellent. No visible marks on crystal or case. I have worn this watch maybe once a week over the past 4.5 months, so there is going to be some wear, but I tend to baby my watches, and I’d put condition at 95%.

The OEM strap is nubuck leather, oiled and padded, in light brown (palomino), with a signed stainless steel buckle. (Gavox sells a deployant for the strap on their website.). I used the strap for the first few days (very comfortable), but decided to switch to a darker leather, and in the pictures you’ll see a gorgeous C&B leather strap. Both are included, both are in excellent like-new condition.

MSRP: $1,450.00
SOLD: $800.00 all-in, obro, no trades please as I’m brutally culling the herd.

Price includes PP fees, USPS Priority shipping to US domestic addresses. Canadian members please add $15 for USPS First Class shipping. No international please (veteran members w/post count/feedback pls inquire for shipping estimate). PayPal verified addresses only. I can ship only on weekdays.

SPECS
Swiss made Soprod-A SOP 716 twin-motion quartz ‘mecatronic’ movement; the movement was a collaboration between Soprod & Gavox.
UTC: Dual time mode with independently adjustable hour hand in 15-min increments allowing for non-traditional time zone shifts
Timer: counter-clockwise countdown model, 31 hour 59 minutes total, with a visual alarm.
Chronograph: central minutes register, flyback with delayed re-start mode, splits, measures up to 31 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds.
Moon phase: uses the 9:00 retrograde hand.
Optional running seconds on 9:00 retrograde hand.
Perpetual calendar: day/date/month indicators & leap year
Case: 316L surgical steel & screw-in engraved caseback w/series number (#033/500)
Swiss Superluminova DGW9 on hands, numbers, and markers
Signed crown
Sapphire crystal w/inner AR
100M WR
Battery life is 5 to 7 years; power saving mode allows all function to run in standard timekeeping mode
Chronograph & timer can run simultaneously while in any mode.
43mm x 12mm thick x 50.5mm L2L x 22mm lugs. (No. #033.)
Please note that the handset needs to be sync’d occasionally, and it might need to be sync’d on arrival after shipping. The instructions are included in the manual and it’s a simple operation.

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_6320.JPG

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_6316.JPG

IMG_6313.JPG

Please check out my excellent feedback, 50+ deals in the past year! Thanks for checking out my listing!

Watch is sold, thank you to my excellent buyer, and thank you WUS!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts