WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale or trade is my La Grande Mer by The Sacred Crafts.

This limited edition watch is fully made of reclaimed materials (minus the movement). The bronze is reclaimed marine bronze and the greenish links are sea glass. This 44 mm dive watch features an exhibition back revealing that gorgeous custom rotor and ETA 2824 automatic movement. Still under 5 year warranty, warranty card dated January 2021.Included with this watch is the full kit. This includes the display box, certificate of authenticity, and two extra straps (one leather one rubber).

Technical specs:

Diameter: 44mm
Thickness: 13mm
Movement: ETA 2824 automatic
Water Resistance: 300M
Crystal: Sapphire front and back
Warranty: 5 years with complimentary 3 year service

The straps and the bracelet include a quick disconnect feature so strap changes are quick and easy. The bracelet hangs completely loose on my 7.25" wrist. There is plenty of space and someone with a 7.5" wrist should still have a very loose fit. If your wrist is larger than 7.5", the bracelet may not have enough links. There is a diving extension in the clasp.

This watch is made of bronze which means it oxidizes. I have had this watch for a few months so you will notice a fairly distinct patina all over the watch (what an oxidized bronze surface is called). While the watch is basically new and under full warranty, the bronze surface has started to age normally. You can see some hints of green around the 10 marking on the bezel as an example. Also look at the bracelet for a clear view of how the patina looks. Please be sure to look at all the photos and be fully aware that bronze may react with some people's skin.

The overall condition of the watch is very good. It has only been lightly worn. No scratches on the crystal or major scratches on the watch. The patina (see above) makes it hard to see any small scratches but there do not appear to be any. There is one portion of a lug that looks like the forging wasn't perfect, see last photo. This was not caused by damage to the watch and it arrived this way from the manufacturer.

Selling for $1350 with CONUS shipping included via PayPal. I am potentially open to international shipping, but it will be a large cost adder because the package is fairly large due to the display box.

I am open to all trade offers. I am mostly looking for something of similar value, but I would be open to a trade down with some cash. I am only interested in mechanical watches, size 39mm - 44mm. A few particular watches I've been interested in are: Maurice Lacroix Aikon, Farer Eldridge Chronograph, Hamilton Panda Intramatic Chronograph. Trade value is slightly higher at $1450.

I will respond to all trade offers. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you for looking!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts