WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The watch is SOLD - thank you!
------------------------------------

I'm selling my serial #007 Acionna (black & red) for $445 (US dollars)
with unworn bracelet and OEM strap, plus extra thick brown leather strap included.

P1010012.JPG

I removed the bracelet upon delivery, without ever wearing or re-sizing. It still has plastic protectors on it.
OEM Leather strap was never worn nor attached.
I will include the pilot-style IWM "Oily Leather" thick supple leather strap (pictured).
I am original owner of the watch, and I wore it about four times.
Serial number #007, purchased on pre-order direct from Chris Vail.

Why am I selling? Well, it's just a bit too lumpy for my fickle tastes, which veer toward thin small vintage watches. I bought this on pre-order, to help Chris out in his start-up phase, and I also wanted to learn if I would like a Stowa SeaTime. This case has a lot in common with the Stowa. I realized it doesn't really fit my personality, although I love everything else about the watch. It was my first Miyota 9015, and I would certainly look for others with this movement - it's velvet smooth, great auto-wind and very accurate. I am selling to break even at my (discounted pre-order) cost plus estimated Paypal charges and shipping included (free leather strap.) This is currently selling at $600 on Chris' website, discounts show up around $550. Mine is basically new, and all original packaging included.

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010016.JPG

316L Stainless Steel Case
Miyota cal. 9015 movement
Sapphire crystal
Internal rotating timing bezel with second crown
Both crowns screw-down
200M Water Resistance
40mm Diameter (without crown); 48mm lug-lug; 12mm thick; 20mm Lug Width:
Weight 6 oz. (on steel bracelet); 3.5 oz. (leather strap):

===
To thin out my collection, I sometimes put a few affordable vintage and modern watches up to find a good home, nothing urgent. I'm not "saving for a grail" just trying to keep an oversized collection in check. I try to give full disclosure about known conditions. I don't make profit on my sales, so I prefer to ship only in north America, but I'm flexible if you are. Selling as-is. I promise I am describing full known condition (veering towards negatives for this reason, knowing and sharing our slightly obsessive WIS nature.) Price includes Paypal fees and shipping USA/Canada first class uninsured. (If you want special or overseas shipping we can discuss extra costs.) I frequently post on the Affordables forum and elsewhere. I have purchased and sold many watches here, with good feedback. Enjoy! - Robert
===

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Lew & Huey Acionna (black & red)

Thursday morning bump.

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Weekend tickle.

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

And she's gone, at the original asking price of $445. Many thanks to the buyer and to WUS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts