WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Custom MKII LRRP UTC in Excellent Condition (see pics)

This very unique & likely one-of-a-kind LRRP dates back to the era when MkII still made custom build-to-order watches with various bespoke options. You could select custom hands, dial, bezel, and other finishing options, and this watch seemingly showcases as many unique customization options as possible. Please note these are NOT modifications done by a hobbyist or 3rd party, these are all custom bespoke options chosen by the original owner and built to order by MkII, back when they offered this service.

I like to call this the ultimate special ops / SWAT / Seal watch, featuring a fully bead-blasted case which was done IN-HOUSE at MkII (more on this below). The excellent bead-blasting work includes the case-back, which is something fairly unique in & of itself. Based on my research, this would not normally be done if you sent your watch to a 3rd party service for bead-blasting, as it would alter any text or serial numbers imprinted on the case-back. Since this was an in-house job, MkII was able to do the blasting FIRST and then stamp the case-back text & info after. In addition to that, the OEM steel bracelet got the same bead-blasted treatment, so you have a matching finish that looks incredible and won't be reflecting any lights when you're sneaking into enemy territory.

Note that when I first purchased this watch, I questioned if MkII ever offered bead-blasting services. I started a thread in the MkII forum about it, and was ecstatic when MkII Service themselves posted confirming that the watch had been done there originally in-house. Read the original thread here

In addition to the bead-blasted case, the MilSub style bezel has an extra element of stealth to it, with a black PVD coating to further reduce light reflections. Apart from that, it is a 60-click, unidirectional bezel with MilSub hashes going all around the dial, and a lume-pip at 12.

Making our way to the face, we have a matte black dial w/ matching black date wheel, and red numeric markers along the hash marks in steps of 02 going around the dial up to 24 @ the 12 o'clock position. The Lume is BG W9 I believe, it shows up as white in daytime, and glows a bright blue-green in darkness.

The handset is completely unique for an LRRP, featuring blacked-out ladder hands (similar to the white style hands used on the Paradive). The final touches are a red second and GMT hands. The black ladder hands I have NEVER seen on any MkII watch before.

Altogether an EXTREMELY unique watch, completely chock full of stealthy, military goodness, and extremely one-of-a-kind. I doubt there are any others out there like it - I certainly have never seen any.

The original MkII case comes complete with papers from last service, some MkII invoices included from original owner, the original MkII manual, and the OEM bead-blasted bracelet PLUS bonus black Zulu NATO strap w/ brushed hardware - a fantastic pairing. Also includes some extra bead-blasted links & pins, plus a strap-changing tool.

While this watch is built like a tank and made to last, I simply have not worn it very much… as unique and interesting as it was, it just doesn't really match my personal style enough. With so many that just don't get worn enough, I have committed to curtailing my collection to only the ones that get worn regularly.

ASKING $1,600 PRIORITY SHIPPED CONUS w/ Insurance.
International buyers must email me for a quote beforehand. Int'l shipping rates are not guaranteed in this price.
A rare chance to own a truly one-of-a-kind piece of an already rare & discontinued model. MkII hasn't offered bespoke watches in years, and considering how few come up for sale on the secondary market, it appears that very few buyers chose to customize their watches.

Full spec's:

Model: Mk II Milsub LRRP UTC
Condition: Excellent, see images
Movement: Swiss automatic ETA 2893-2 Elabore grade movement w/ GMT & Date complications. Stop Seconds Feature.
Crystal: sapphire crystal, domed.
Bezel: 60-click uni-directional elapsed time counter w/ black PVD coating
Case: steel case. bead blasted.
Dimensions: 42 mm diameter, 13.5 mm height
HRV: NONE
WR: 300 meters
Caseback: CUSTOM bead-blasted solid screw down caseback
Dial: matte black with SuperLumiNova BG W9 lume on markers and indices
Lugs: 22mm, drilled w/ spring bars
Strap: OEM rubber strap + Steel, two extra links.
Complete overhaul & water test 11/13 & 12/13. Keeps excellent time.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: FS: MkII LRRP UTC - CUSTOM / Bespoke / One of a Kind? - $1700 Shipped CONUS

bumpage

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FS: MkII LRRP UTC - CUSTOM / Bespoke / One of a Kind? - $1600 Shipped CONUS

bump