WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 114060 Sub for almost an entire year based on the rave reviews of no-date symmetry -- it was my first Rolex. I wore it very regularly, loved everything about it, but could never get over not having the date complication.

After looking at the Sub Date, Yachtmaster, and GMT Master II, I decided I really wanted both the extra time zone as well as the blue/black colorway of the 116710BLNR. So I searched high and low and was able to purchase one brand new!

It's day 1, loving it so far!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,451 Posts
Congratulations on your Rolex Batman!

Wear it in great health!

If it does not have a date feature, one would be in my collection.

Reactions: Raydius

·
Registered
471 Posts
GMT II is a great watch, I just got an Explorer II but the GMT II is still one I really want when I have the money. I know what you mean about not having a date. Every time I wear my Tudor Black Bay I realize how many times I use the date on my other watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While that’s a nice looking watch, I’ll have to say I would have kept the Sub. It’s just iconic
Given unlimited funds I'd agree, but since my original qualm with daily wearing it was the lack of date, and it not feeling special enough (esp compared to the GMT) to be an evenings/weekends watch, I'd rather just use the funds towards something else instead of having a cool collectible that for me would just sit in the box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
Very nice watch. It was really lucky that you were able to find a new one; they are hard to come by.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Superb watch. The BLNR is one of the nicest Rolex watches available today. :-!

Reactions: Raydius
1 - 20 of 37 Posts