WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Condition 93% TZ Near Mint

This is one of the cleanest examples you're likely to find. I know, I searched for a long time to find it. Every other one I found apart from this was either beat-up, overpriced, or both.

The only area of note is a tiny nick in the bezel near 7 o'clock. It's very insignificant and didn't even notice it at first, but I wanted to at least mention it. Other than that, just very very light usual wear. I'm pretty picky about such things and it doesn't bother me in the least. There are no surprises with this watch. You will be very happy with it.

SPECS:
• 41 x 11.9 mm
• 47 mm lug-to-lug
• Cal. 1120 chronometer
-Based on ETA 2892
-28,800/ 8 BPS/ 4 Hz
• 300M WR (30 bar/ 1000 ft)
• Unidirectional 120-Click bezel
• Screw-in crown & case back
• Domed sapphire crystal w/ internal AR coating
• Manual HEV (helium escape valve)
• Push-button deployant clasp
• Bracelet 1610/930; it's 20mm and tapers to 18mm
• Case 168.1613

The diver's bezel clicks are solid, clasp is strong and sturdy, crown screws in securely with plenty of turns for a good solid seal. Bracelet comes with TWO half-links. The 'half-links' aren't exactly half the size of a link, so with two of them, you should be able to attain a perfect fit. When I had only one half-link, I thought it wouldn't be possible to get the fit right. The 2nd half-link did the trick perfectly. Sized to fit slightly loosely on a 6.7 inch wrist, with an extra five full links w/ their pins and collars.

SOME THOUGHTS:
I hunted this watch for a long time for three reasons:
1) It's an absolute classic Omega with a great design
2) It's super versatile and goes well with almost every outfit
3) It houses Omega's Cal. 1120, which to me is one of the best movements

The movement is one of the main reasons I bought it. The base, the ETA 2892, is already known to be a great movement. Then, Omega refines it even further. They add some rhodium plating, which reduces friction. They also add considerable finishing. Some of the parts you don't see even have perlage. This is unheard of at this price point. Another thing they do is fix/improve the one weakness of the 2892: slightly inefficient automatic winding. I assume it's because of how thin the movement is, but the rotor is not very heavy. Omega replaced the rotor with one of their own to improve the efficiency. For these reasons, I REALLY wanted to add an 1120 to my collection. By my reckoning, it's one of the best movements out there. Especially when you factor-in that pretty much any watchmaker can service it since it's based on an ETA 2892. So, no need to pay a premium or send it off for months at a time.

MOVEMENT SERVICE HISTORY:
Unknown, but the watch winds smoothly, sets perfectly, including the date, and has been keeping a pretty consistent 6+ seconds per day by my observation. A service in the somewhat near future is advisable, but you can definitely wear it for a while before doing so.

REASON FOR SELLING:
My collection has become a bit redundant and I want to add some variety. I also told myself I could buy my Planet Ocean if I sold this and maybe another of my watches. Well the PO came in and I've been reluctant to sell because I like it a lot. But, I need to stick to what I told myself and if I want to try any other watches, one or two need to go.

***SOLD*** $1890 shipping & PayPal included

Payment by PayPal w/ confirmed address only, CONUS unless I know you or you're well-established

Shipping: USPS Priority insured shipping with tracking

NOTE: Low ballers will be ignored. I reserve the right to sell to whomever I choose. If I'm not comfortable dealing with you, such as if you have a low post count and/or no feedback on the sales forum, I may not want to work with you. However, I'm fair, well-established, and have multiple positive feedback.

Make me an offer, the worst I can do is say 'no'. Keep in mind, tax returns are coming very soon ;)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Re: FS: Omega Seamaster Pro 2254.50

BUMP w/ reduction

I realized I asked too much initially so I adjusted the price

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

BUMP

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

BUMP w/ reduction

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

BUMP with small reduction $1950 shipping & PayPal included

Here are some example photos to show you other looks. These four borrowed photos are NOT of my watch and ONLY meant as examples.

If you're not a bracelet guy or gal, it also looks great on straps, however, I never took it off the bracelet. My ACTUAL photos are on post #1 of this thread.

OEM Rubber
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

A couple NATO options. This watch is awesome on a NATO.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

BUMP :)
Have a nice day.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

BUMP

I'm in no rush to sell, but I would accept $1890 shipped & PayPaled

Added detail: The watch appears to have been purchased from a gray market dealer by the previous owner. Although I've never seen another sales post mention such a detail, apparently a small percentage of people care about it. I don't see why since a watch of this age would not be under warranty any longer regardless of where it was purchased. I didn't have a problem with it then, and still don't now, since I purchased it second-hand. And, since I guarantee it's 100% authentic, I can't imagine how it would affect you. If it were a limited edition or highly-collectible, then maybe. Still, I suppose it doesn't hurt to mention it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts