WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is one of the classic vintage Seiko chronographs ref. 6138-3005 (with a Seiko fishbone bracelet). The clean pilot style chronograph has a surprisingly modern look, and I believe it has been the inspiration for many bi-compax pilot chronographs (including the Sinn 756, which I currently own).

The made in Japan in-house movement 6138 was based on it predecessor the Seiko 6139, one of the first automatic chronograph movements in production. The Seiko 6138 has a minute and hour hand to display the time, a second, minute and hour hand to display elapsed time, and a day/date display. It also manually winds.
This particular model uses a complex multi-piece case, as exemplified in the photos.

Condition of watch: While I dont know the service history for this particular model, it keeps fine time, but the chronographs minute hand resets slightly off as the pictures indicate, but a quick search will show that:
A) The issue is quite common, and easy to fix.
B) It is best to leave the chronograph RUNNING, (making the reset issue almost unnoticable).
The hand and dial is missing some lume, again as shown in the photos. The crystal is well worn with a couple of scratches. The bracelet shows some stretch, but it is more than wearable and will fit up to a 7 1/2 inch wrist. Overall condition is a TZ 80 percent given it's age and wear.

Price is $125 including paypal and shipping in the paypal. I will only deal with paypal, and only buyers in the ConUS. This sale is an "as-is" sale with no returns accepted, so please take good look at the high-res pics in the below link and call me with any questions at 347-693-8835.

Thanks for looking,
Yehuda

6138-3005 pictures by Yudele - Photobucket

[/B]SOLD THANKS WUS AND RICH[/B]

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Seiko 6138-3005 Head Only "Jumbo" Column Wheel Chronograph $185 Shipped

Bump with an obro​!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Re: Seiko 6138-3005 Head Only "Jumbo" Column Wheel Chronograph $175 Shipped

Bump with a price reduction: now $150 obro and will come with its fishbone bracelet

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Seiko 6138-3005 Head Only "Jumbo" Column Wheel Chronograph $150 Shipped

Bring Up My Post please

pics of bracelets to come shortly

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

BUMP...

Accepting OBRO​'s

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Now $125 all in... Must sell to fund incoming watch...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts