WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a watch I was extremely excited about having made. Invariably, after I spent the time getting all the parts and taking them to my watch maker, my grail (Archimede Pilot 42 with the red dial) became available within a month of its build. Since then, this has been sitting in the watchbox. It's time to find it a new home.

Watch head is in good condition. It's got the typical surface marks associated with having been worn (case back, lugs from strap changes, etc.) I always wore it on a black Zulu strap, so I've placed it back on the new and unworn Z-22 type strap on which I purchased it. The bezel insert is free from gouges, chips or scratches and is essentially new. The one thing this watch will need is a new bezel gasket. The bezel turns, but lacks the smoothness a new gasket affords. While I know they're only about $5, I never got around to replacing it (sorry). The crystal is in outstanding condition. I can't detect a mark with either my naked eye or under 2X magnification. As a bonus, I once had another 7002 into which I substituted a sapphire crystal. Though I sold that watch a long time ago, I kept the extra Hardlex crystal as a backup. I am including it so that you may use it as a replacement should you ever scratch, chip or otherwise damage the one currently mounted in this case. It is equal in quality to the one installed. Lastly, while the lume on the dial is typical for aftermarket dials, the hands are official Seiko so the lume on them is classic Lumibrite color, intensity and duration. I did have this piece regulated when it was modded and it ran very well in the time I wore it before getting the Archimede. There is no reason to expect that to have changed, however, lacking a timegrapher, I can't give you a +/- per day figure.

All in all, a perfect candidate for a daily wearer and/or scratching the itch for a "guilty pleasure", "colored dial" or "Seiko Mod". No box or papers with this one and sold as-is. Please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions you may have. Thank you for looking!

$95, Paypal-ed (fees on me) and shipped. Con-US, only, please.

(Yeah... I realize I failed to screw the crown back in after setting it to the obligatory 10:10 time.)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Product Text Transparency Plastic Label

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sold!

Sold! Thank you buyer and WUS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts