WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated 2015-02-28: SOLD for $280! + PayPal fees

Updated 2015-02-27: Price reduced! Asking $280 OBO.

If anyone wants to see buyer/seller feedback for me, please look here:
Feedback for: BlackbeardBen
eBay Feedback Profile for benl1487

For sale is my used Seiko Sawtooth SHC063. I'd love to keep it, but I find the edges of the shroud uncomfortable on my wrist - and I have a itch for an SBBN015 that I'll get instead.

It has a scratch-free Yobokies single domed and inside coated sapphire crystal, which was installed by a local jeweler and wet pressure tested to 6 ATM (the limit of his equipment).

Unfortunately, when removing the bezel, the press slightly bent it - though it was bent back as close as possible. It's not quite perfect, so there is a small amount of play in the bezel from about 10:30 to 4:30 - you can rock it just a tiny bit if you put your fingers there. The bezel is also just a tiny bit stiffer at about 10:00. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so while I don't think these imperfections have a major impact on the watch in use, I think it is very important to note them.

I replaced the ratchet spring, as the original did not catch every tooth. I believe that is why it was one of the OHclock seconds watches that sold NOS last year. Other than the aforementioned slightly stiff spot, the bezel is very smooth - much better than my Monster and SKX divers.

The shroud has your typical minor swirlies from wear, mostly at top center and the sides - the most exposed parts.

Also included with the watch is a used Monster bracelet, currently sized for my 7.5" wrist, and the scratched up original crystal. The original Z20 rubber band is just about like new, as most of the time I wore it on a nylon RAF style band. The box, manual, and warranty card are included, as pictured.

The lume is positively nuclear as everyone says - it easily looks twice as bright as my SRP Monster!

One more thing - this one keeps exceptionally good time! On my wrist and at room temperature, it gains about 1 second per month.

I have to admit to being a bit lazy and only taking photos with my phone. If you are on the fence and would like better ones highlighting anything in particular, please let me know.

I'm asking $300 OBO shipped via insured USPS Priority to the continental USA. Shipping elsewhere will be extra, and I ship worldwide via tracked and insured USPS Express mail.

Thanks for looking,
Ben

IMAG7643.jpg

IMAG7644.jpg

IMAG7645.jpg

IMAG7648.jpg

IMAG7650.jpg

IMAG7651.jpg

IMAG7652.jpg

IMAG7654.jpg

IMAG7655.jpg

IMAG7656.jpg