WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is a LNIB Seiko SHC041. Not a model you hear bandied about on the forums too often, this is a quartz Diver with the 7N36 movement inside, the same one found in the Sawtooth series. Dial is matte black with chrome indices, and the bezel is brushed/polished stainless with engraved/enameled indices and numbers a la Sawtooth/Monster, but with a much more "organic" look and feel - slips easily under a shirt cuff and the black/silver looks quite sharp, hence the dress-up or dress-down potential. Crystal is Sapphlex, a rarity in comparable dive watches, even Seiko's. Caseback still has the sticker on it. New Seiko Z22 strap. Case, bezel, and crystal are all in excellent shape; sorry my poor 2.3 MP camera isn't up to snuff. Calling it LNIB as I'm not the original owner and I picked it up at auction; looks NOS to me, but can't guarantee. Inner/outer box, papers/tags included.

The story behind this watch: I got an SHC039 from a favorite aunt some time ago, which led my into my current Seiko fetish. When the Z22 finally crumbled to petroleum dust, I started looking around for a Super Jubilee to put on it; enter the timely acquisition of the SHC041, which comes stock on the super jubilee. I picked it up at auction, swapped the bracelet onto my SHC039, and picked up a new Z22 for the SHC041, thinking the black dial and black rubber would be complementary and both watches would get equal wrist time. I was right on the first count, wrong on the second. I'm rotating between an SKX007 and an OM right now, and the SHC039 barely gets enough wrist time as it is; the poor SHC041 has been sitting in its box ever since I put the Z22 on it. Now that I have Sumo lust, it's time to thin the herd and make some room.

If you've read this far, you must still be interested in the watch, so: [SOLD] via PayPal, shipped to a US address. Not a bad deal for a Sawtooth you can acutally wear with a suit, and Sapphlex to boot! PM with any questions or offers as e-mail might not get read until the evenings. Thanks for looking!

Edit: Sold! Thanks to the buyer and WUS!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts