WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!!! Thanks WUS and buyer.

Hi fellow WIS...

For sale is a used but in good condition Seiko SKX781K Orange Monster on its stock bracelet. The watch head is in almost pristine condition...It has no dings or scratches but on the caseback where the tsunami wave logo is, it seems to have a scuff/stain, not a scratch or ding but a scuff/stain like a water drop fell and dried up on that spot. Other than that, there seems to be nothing else. But to be safe I'll rate it between good condition and mint condition.

As for the bracelet, this watch bracelet has been adjusted to fit my 7.5" wrist. Three links have been removed...1 on the left of the diver's extension side of the clasp and 2 on the right of the clasp (if I remember correctly)... so as to balance the appearance of the clasp dead center to the underside of my wrist. The bracelet has the usual desk diver scuffs/scratches from regular use but nothing that can't be touched up with a watchrepairman's scratch removal tool for the shiny and brushed surfaces or a do-it-yourselfer's scotchbrite pad for the brushed surfaces. So I'll rate the bracelet as good condition since there doesn't appear to be any deep scratches or dings.

The OM will come in a generic Seiko box that is fidgety at the hinge...this is the way I received it. The extra links(some scratched due to size adjusting), 1 pin/collar set attached to the 2-links and 1 pin/collar set separate from the links inside a bag with the other items, and 1 split pin attached to the link originally located close to the clasp will all be included with the watch. I still have the hang tag, so that will be included as well. The instruction manual that I received is not the original Seiko blue booklet/manual but rather a printed copy...this will also be included. And all other material such as blue caseback sticker and colorless,transparent bracelet & clasp stickers won't be stuck onto the watch but will be included also for whatever purpose you may have for these.

I am the first owner of this watch and because it was my daily wearer, it has some signs of normal wear but absolutely NEVER accidentally banged or abused. This was to be one of my grails/keepers... but just after a couple of other watches joined the collection, those became new keepers and replaced this in my rotation and an upcoming watch mod needs funding so no point in keeping this stored and unworn.

This particular watch is a very decent timekeeper, always within +/-5secs to the US atomic clock for my pattern of daily use and storage(positional variances). I've praised it many times in the past in our Seiko, Citizen, Orient forum for being dead on, -4secs or +0secs or +4secs to the US atomic clock everyday. But to be safe I would say that this OM is generally slow, -4 to -8secs/day for me and I would just adjust storage position accordingly to offset this difference, but as always, YMMV.

For this sale, Price is USD$135 thru Paypal shipped USPS to CONUS buyers and only to the address on the Paypal account. I'm sorry, I cannot entertain buyers from outside CONUS and at the moment, I am not interested in any trade offers. Just PM me here if interested. PM's will be entertained in the order received.

Pics(top view - crown down - crown up): *Disclaimer: the scuffs/swirls on the bracelet don't show up well in the pics so don't expect a like new bracelet... and the almost pristine watch head has lint on it that may seem like scratches, but those are not.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Re: FS: Seiko SKX781K Orange Monster (WARNING: Modem Burner)

PM sent :-!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts