WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD! THANK YOU WUS AND BUYER! - For sale is a vintage Aquadive watch. I'm not sure of the year or model, but I believe it is from the '70s. It is in very good condition for its age, with a very clean plexi domed crystal, and a relatively clean case and bezel. There is one scratch on the lower face of the case that I captured on one of the photos. The case is Jenny-designed, and it is a pretty decent size for its age, 38mm diameter without the crown, and it is of slim height. The movement is an ETA 2873 automatic with quickset date. I do not know the service history of the movement, but I checked it for a few days and it ran around +15-20 seconds per day. The movement is the same size as the ETA 2872, 2878, and 2879 movements, some of which I've seen listed at between $55-100 NOS, in case you want to replace the movement or buy a spare just in case. The crown is screw down. The lugs are 18mm. I put the head on a NOS 19mm Orient bracelet to which I filed down the end links to 18mm. I particularly like this bracelet because (a) it's NOS vintage, so it's age-appropriate, and (b) the way it notches makes the bracelet appear wider than 18mm. The watch will also come with an 18mm rubber strap which is not an original strap. The bezel is bi-directional and "friction" fit, meaning it just apparently "snaps" in and is held by the spring inside the bezel. I've included pictures of the head without the bezel and a picture of the bottom of the bezel showing the spring. The bezel can be removed easily, though I don't know if that is by design. The price is reduced to $325 (from $375) shipped CONUS via Paypal. International shipping is extra. The watch is sold "as is."

Condition: Very good for its age, a scratch on the lower part of the case
Movement: Swiss ETA 2873 automatic
Crystal: Domed acrylic, very clean
Case: Steel
Dimensions: 38 mm diameter without the crown
Caseback: Screw-in, steel
Crown: Screw-down
Dial: Blue dial
Strap/bracelet: 18mm lug size, on a NOS Orient bracelet, also comes with rubber strap
WR: Listed at 200m, but not recommended at any depth due to its age and lack of any recorded testing

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Vintage Aquadive, case by Jenny, ETA 2873 automatic movement, nice condition

Bump.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Vintage Aquadive, case by Jenny, ETA 2873 automatic movement, nice condition

Bump!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts