WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

1,200 USD OBO, PP or Bank Wire, will ship to all time zones.Would consider trade with vintage Angelus Chronodato ( trade within EU only )

For sale is a vintage watch with one of the most affordable complications you can find in the market:

Dead beat seconds aka 'seconde morte' or jumping seconds aka 'seconde sautante'.

It's a wolf under sheep skin. Looking so much ordinary 1950s, yet so chic and is driven by a sought after movement: Chezard 7400 dead beat seconds movement.The seconds move only once per second instead of sweeping away like in any other mechanical watch. I promise you won't see many around while you are wearing a truly rare vintage watch ( not ebay rare ! ).

The legendary movement manufacturer Chezard is one of the companies which is well known to vintage watch collectors. Like Martel,Lemania,Kelek... they are the hidden driving force behind many successful inventions and watches.

Dead beat seconds was trendy back in early and mid '50s.

Along with Chezard, Omega manufactured a party of dead beat seconds watches in 1952 ( Omega Synchro-beat, cal 372 ). Legend says it was a party of 1,000 pieces and delivered to the US. After a few months some imperfections were detected and all were called back to the factory. Only some dozens made it to the market and the rest was dismantled. Rolex also manufactured dead beat seconds movement and called it : 'Tru-Beat'. Panerai is using these old stock Chezard movements in their 'Independent' models. Other than these, there are some contemporary movements with this complication, yours for only 5 digits US$.Presented here is the real deal which inspired all the modern versions, yours only for a mechanical entry level watch price.

Watch Specifications:

Watch Brand: Candino

Case : 10mikron gold plated,37mm w/out crown, 39 mm w/crown, screw in stainless steel case-back,

Movement: Chezard 7400, Dead Beat Seconds, manual winding, hacking seconds movement.

Service History: It has been serviced in July 2015 by my watchmaker based in The Netherlands ( can enclose contact information of my watchmaker to the seller )

Dial: white/Off white beautifully aged, dauphine hands, all original dial.

Lugs: 18mm width, fitted with 19mm brown leather strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Pocket watch Fashion accessory Brass Jewellery

Watch accessory Brass Metal Fashion accessory Watch

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

I have also another interesting watch on sale :https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-v...-1965-24h-watch-serviced-hacking-2294450.html Let me know if anything meets your taste.

Contact me via pm or my website's email address.

I prefer my watches go to a person who already is educated about wearing vintage watches. If any of these watches will be your first vintage watch, please let me know, my listing is phrased targeting vintage watch collectors therefore water resistance, box and papers... are not mentioned.

Thank you for reading and let's see who will get this hidden beauty...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts