WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale today is my Volmax Aviator model 2614/1225481. I bought this last November from an authorized Volmax dealer in Germany. It is in very good condition...functionally, it is mint and gains only about 10-13 seconds a day when on the wrist. There are a few light scratches on the bezel near the 4 o'clock (hard to see unless you look real close) and these can probably be polished out. The clasp/bracelet have a few minor wear marks here and there but in otherwise fine shape.

In the interest of full disclosure, 2 important things to note. The watch arrived to me from the dealer with two minor manufacturing defects. 1st, there is a very small/barely noticable dot right below the 2 on the watch face (it is small enough that the camera won't pick it up..you can ONLY see it if you bring the watch right up to your eyeballs). 2nd, the cap on the crown sits slightly askew on the crown tube. This has no impact on the crown operation at all...the cap isn't loose and winding is as easy as you'd expect.

Neither the dot on the dial nor the crown issue are noticed while the watch is on the wrist...in fact neither issue is noticeable at all unless you do a very hyper-close examination of the watch. Importantly, neither have any impact on functionality. So after the watch arrived I decided it wasn't worth the 40 or so dollars for me to send it back to Germany for fixing under the warranty.

I hope this hasn't put you off the watch. It works very well and the two things I mentioned are minor in terms of affecting the enjoyment of wearing it. The poljot 2614 is a fantastic handwinding movement and the dial on this thing is very legible and utilitarian--great lume and easy to read at a glance. The watch comes with stamped warranty card (1.5 yrs left on the warranty), boxes, manual, and hang-tag.

This would make a great 'starter' pilot watch for someone who is interested in the pilot style but doesn't want to gamble $500-$600 on a higher end piece until they take the 'look' for a test drive.:-d

PRICE: $75 **WATCH IS SOLD***

Model: Volmax Aviator 2614/1225481.

-Manual winding Poljot 2614, 17 jewels
-Water resistant 50 meters.
-Date Calendar.
-Semi quickset date
-Stainless steel bracelet with Aviator stamp on clasp.
-Mineral glass crystal.
-Shock protection
-Frequency: 21600 vph
-Daily rate from –20 to +40 s/day
-Power reserve minimum: 40 h
-Case size is 40 x 11 mm.

I've had many successful sale transactions at WUS. Feel free to search my username in the watch deals forum or PM with any questions you may have. Despite the two barely noticable visual defects outlined above, this is still a fantastic pilot's watch. These run over $200 on bracelet (when you can find them at all) so I hope that my price represents a good value to you. Thanks for looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts