WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

Up for sale is a used Grand Seiko SBGV245. I recently bought this used and loved it but my GS AD informed me this morning that was able to get one of the last new SBGV243 still around in the USA (GS USA had one)

So I am selling this one as I don't needed it anymore

This watch is a good looking watch. Cosmetically it has a goodly amount of wear and tear on it. There are some scuffs on the side of the case and also the case back has some scratches on it. The previous owner did not use the original GS strap(not that I can blame him as it sucks) and used it on a leather strap so the case back got scratches from the watch being sat down on a desk (and probably moving around)

I knew about all these issues before hand. My idea for this watch was to use it as a quasi beater watch (why wear a snowflake to paint or other things)

I figure I can always have it refinished by Grand Seiko when it gets its battery replaced.

The SBGV245 has been discontinued by Grand Seiko USA (It is still sold in Japan but is not going to be imported to the USA anymore)

This is a non diver that is rated at 200m and has a screw down crown. It has the legendary 9F quartz movement with stunning accuracy

The watch has a diameter of 40mm(not counting the crown) and has a lug width of 20mm. The watch wears well on the wrist

Watch will come with the following:

1. Outer Grand Seiko box
2. Inner Grand Seiko box (with black pillow)
3. Grand Seiko owners booklet
4. Grand Seiko warranty booklet

It DOES NOT have any tags as these went missing a while ago.

This is a great chance to get a great deal on a used Grand Seiko that is 200m and has a screw down crown and can be used anywhere without worry about the damage to the polishing (like a GS with the 44GS case)

It is also a chance to get your foot into the Grand Seiko door and experience one without spending $2500-$3000 on one

With lugs that are 20mm, this is a strap monster that looks good with all straps and being it is 20mm, straps are easy to find (unlike with 19mm or 21mm lugged GS)

I am asking SOLD $1500 SOLD Shipped USA ONLY

Shipping is via Priority Mail with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation.

The ONLY trade I might consider is a Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra quartz or a Seamster Diver quartz. Nothing Else (especially no micro brand junk)

Please see pics and ask me any questions

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts