WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Soliciting photos of elaborately decorated gold p.w. cases

491 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  James A 
#1 ·
Here a 6 size 1890 Western Watch Case Co. I showed 2 years ago. Have not seen comparably elaborate examples as I expected. There are many superior quality of better artistic refinement from many worldwide sources and ages but these bits of colored alloy gold soldered
on cases like this one seem to be mainly American 1880-1930. Many colored gold fine English and Swiss dials, not watch cases? artb

Fashion accessory Jewellery Watch Gold Pocket watch
Fashion accessory Glass Metal Tableware Abalone

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
JAMES: Thanks for showing a couple of the best of what I defined as the refined and artistic gold cased types. Good to see but not the less sophisticated and colorful multicolors. Here an unusual American enamel with 7 diamonds representing appreciated age 7 son gift to wife and a less refined diamond and enamel. artb

Pocket watch Pendant Locket Fashion accessory Watch
Locket Pendant Fashion accessory Pocket watch Jewellery

#6 ·
Whenever I see these posts, I think that I go to the wrong places - and probably bring the wrong amount of money!!! Although I would very much like to see watches such as these in my collection, I am glad that they were made at all and that threads such as this one give me the opportunity to see at least some pictures of them. Many thanks!

Hartmut Richter

#8 ·

• 18K gold and enamel miniature antique ladies pendant watch by LeCoultre circa 1890. The bezel and back in cobalt blue enamel, the back enameled over elaborate floral engraving. Fancy enamel dial with fancy gold hands. Gilt 10 jewel cylinder movement signed LeCoultre.

Fine and lovely Swiss 18K gold and champlevee and cloisoinee enamel antique keywind ladies pendant watch by Aubert & Capt, Geneva, circa 1830. The case with beautiful gold folliage and colored enamel flowers against a black background. Silver engine turned dial with gold Breguet hands. Gilt 6 jewel cylinder movement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.