WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
I'm not usually into Gold watches but that does look stunning.
However, wouldn't it be cool if they released a Stainless Steel version
for us mere mortals?! :-!

·
Registered
788 Posts
wouldn't that be a NON G-Shock anymore?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's been covered in 2 threads, one of them was mine:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/kikuo-ibe-australia-2293882.html

the other is from Flying:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/18k-gold-gw-5000-baselworld-2015-a-1916562.html

the watch went on a world tour with Mr.Ibe, it's probably on display at Casio HQ in Japan now.
I am sorry, but I tried the search engine for solid gold 5600 AND 5000 since I thought it is highly unlikely no one posted anything about it, but there was NO thread about it, and those 2 that you mention didnt come up, so I posted! Sorry about that!!

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I am sorry, but I tried the search engine for solid gold 5600 AND 5000 since I thought it is highly unlikely no one posted anything about it, but there was NO thread about it, and those 2 that you mention didnt come up, so I posted! Sorry about that!!
no problem! ;-)

this search thing is a little weird with how it shows results. I remembered one of the threads cause it was mine.. my thread also has a very different name so you wouldn't know it's about the gold square unless you were there at the time following it. So not your fault. I probably should have named it something else.
To get flying's thread to pop up I had to go to google and try a whole bunch of keywords.. lol took me like 10min to find it.

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
wouldn't that be a NON G-Shock anymore?
Erm, no.
If they can release a Gold version and still call it a G-Shock, why not Stainless steel? :think:

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,864 Posts
Again, I think it actually looks cool. As for its practicality, I'm not sure gold enhances the durability of the watch and its shock absorption capabilities. In fact, it might even make it more susceptible to hard falls.

At the end of the video, you'll notice that the screen display looks washed out and virtually illegible.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
With the master himself:

The watch was stunning in person (and quite legible, fwiw):

Regards,
Adam

Reactions: phattbam

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Love it of course.

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
I think titanium would be cool too. Keep the weight down.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I agree, Titanium would be fabulous! :-!
I wonder why they don't do a limited edition of these watches in Stainless Steel or titanium?
I'm not sure they would be competing against MRG as these tend to be analogue nowadays.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think I saw Barron Trump wearing one of those :-d

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.