WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this as a spare/parts watch years ago but ended up wearing it as it was in such decent shape. The crown is incorrect, but it looked nice so I never bothered to switch it out with a correct crown that I had but was in worse shape. This watch happens to be one of my most accurate in my collection. :-!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Fine! A goood thing to keep old watches running again, expecially this one that has an important role in cosmonutical history.

But what is the second watch in the first picture? :p

·
Registered
665 Posts
This Sturmanskie is in very good condition. Case, dial, hands and movement... :p

Congrats, Strela. |>

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lovely watch and lovely photos too.

I always liked this watch, but don't have one in my collection
as there are way too many frankens out there.
You did the right thing buying (or obtaining) it years ago.

Congrats again
John

·
Banned
772 Posts
Dear Tavarish CTPELA,

Your magnificent timepieces are truly amazing and mouth watering! I just ordered/purchased a Seagull 1963 remake and expecting probably next week or so. I believe your 1963 Seagull is not Remake, is it?

I also purchased (and waiting for them as well) two CCCP watches. I am fond of Communist timepieces a lot. One of them is BOCTOK KOMAHDIPCKI Navy, and the other one is BOCTOK KOMAHDIPCKI Paratrooper.

Enjoy your beautiful timepieces in good health my friend. Best regards . . .

·
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, my ST-19 a remake...

Unfortunately originals are extremely, extremely, rare.

Welcome to the forum comrade and post the pictures of your komanderskies when you can.

·
Banned
772 Posts
Re: No, my ST-19 a remake...

Dear Comrade Strela,

I can't wait to receive my Komandirskies and also Seagull, probably-hopefully next week and I will post them as soon as they arrive.

Best Regards . . .

·
Registered
664 Posts
Nice watch, thanks for the pictures!
I'am looking for a similar donor watch for my own Shturmanski, as you can see, the crown looks familiar :-d

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Perhaps i'm optimistic, but that Shturmanskie is in good conditions for today's standards.

They are becoming more and more rare, and it's a good thing if the dial is not destroyed by the age and by the effect of the radium paint.

I consider myself as a lucky guy, having bought my 2 Gagarin Sturmanskies when there were decent pieces for decent prices. So every watch of this type in these conditions can be already considered as a good find. |>

·
Registered
664 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, but as you can see the hour and seconds hand and the crown are not original. I bought this one last year on the bay for a decent price.
And stupid enough, I let go a 15 jewel Shturmanski for a decent price on the bay last week o|

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, but as you can see the hour and seconds hand and the crown are not original. I bought this one last year on the bay for a decent price.
And stupid enough, I let go a 15 jewel Shturmanski for a decent price on the bay last week o|
I was referring to the Strela's watch, but your watch is quite good too. :-!

Very good dial (although the red star is faded), you must find a Sportivnie 17J as parts donor, and you will have a 100% correct piece.

And, with a bit of boldness, you can re-paint the red star to make it revive. Not an orthodox operation, but i would try.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Sorry, I should not have snatched Strela's topic :-s
Yes, I'am looking for a 17j Sportivnie, but they are hard to find with good hands, and I prefer to leave the dial as it is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Two questions, since it seems you are an expert for gagarin shturmanskie:
1) can this type of hands be also on 15j caliber watch?
2) Can 17j caliber watch have a back plate without engravings about dust proof (so 15j original back plate)

·
Registered
69 Posts
[QUOTE = Strela; 2283303] I bought this as a spare/parts watch years ago but ended up wearing it as it was in such decent shape. The crown is incorrect, but it looked nice so I never bothered to switch it out with a correct crown that I had but was in worse shape. This watch happens to be one of my most accurate in my collection :-!

[/ QUOTE]
:thanks Very nice, the moviment is brightb-)b-)b-)

·
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To answer your questions...

1) can this type of hands be also on 15j caliber watch?

NO

2) Can 17j caliber watch have a back plate without engravings about dust proof (so 15j original back plate)

NO

1 - 20 of 22 Posts