WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like some of the world's great classical music composers, whose friends named their works, a colleague saw the new GD-100 and exclaimed, "Candyapple!" Works for me. :)

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I didn't realize those had a glossy finish on them. Candyapple describes it well. Everytime I see pics of a GD 100 now it makes me want to cry. Going to have to start shopping for a replacement...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
WOW that is very glossy. I like it. Lets hope the GD-100GB-1DR is as sharp looking!

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I didn't know it was glossy either - wow what a candyapple it is! Not sure I could pull that one off - but it man does look really cool! Love the green lcd ... any pics of the light?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Awesome awesome awesome. Me wants this one!:p:p:p

But we still have not seen an outdoor pic where it gets fully blasted by the strong sun...|>

I know when I got my red DW-6900CB model that I was surprised to see some bluish metallic sparkling coating to it, when it was exposed to the strong sunlight. Perhaps it is the same with this one?

Here is a few pictures of my DW-6900CB-4:

Here you can see some of the bluish sparkling I am talking about...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
so Alan, i was thinking of a really cool idea tonight that i may try soon; grab the candy apple red band/bezel (or hell, just buy the thing as is) and then put a solid black gd-100-1b negative face in it, and bam, you have a Burning Red GD-100! my only concern is that i would want to turn the "gshock" and "protection" black or white instead of the multicolor business thats on there. does anyone know a good way to remove letter coloring without removing any color from a glossy g's coat, or can you just paint over/fill in the letters? are they deep enough to just be filled over with nail polish? i think this would look REALLY cool once done.

*edit: since the buttons come with whatever the face is, it would have black buttons also, so literally the only thing stopping it from being a straight up burning red mod is the gshock and protection letters.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so Alan, i was thinking of a really cool idea tonight that i may try soon; grab the candy apple red band/bezel (or hell, just buy the thing as is) and then put a solid black gd-100-1b negative face in it, and bam, you have a Burning Red GD-100! my only concern is that i would want to turn the "gshock" and "protection" black or white instead of the multicolor business thats on there. does anyone know a good way to remove letter coloring without removing any color from a glossy g's coat, or can you just paint over/fill in the letters? are they deep enough to just be filled over with nail polish? i think this would look REALLY cool once done.

*edit: since the buttons come with whatever the face is, it would have black buttons also, so literally the only thing stopping it from being a straight up burning red mod is the gshock and protection letters.
Wouldn't be worth the effort. The GD is a real candyapple. But I think since Casio loves Burning Red, it's just a matter of time before we see a Burning Red GD-100.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Wouldn't quite look right, either. The faceplate has orange red a green in it. I wanted to swap the face plate from my GD100 and GD100HC, but I can't figure anyway to get it out without damaging anything. They don't just come right out like on a 6900 or older models.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Wouldn't quite look right, either. The faceplate has orange red a green in it. I wanted to swap the face plate from my GD100 and GD100HC, but I can't figure anyway to get it out without damaging anything. They don't just come right out like on a 6900 or older models.
nah, wrong way around, you don't switch the faceplate out, you just take the bezel and band off, switch those, and it's the same as switching the face without having to take apart the case. i would just take the whole case from a GD-100-1B negative face, and put a bezel/band from this one on it. voila, burning red. hardly any trouble. just the colored gshock and protection words to mod after that.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Yes, this would be the ideal way to accomplish what I want to do. Swap bezel, band, and modules from my GD100-1B and my GD100HC-1. It would be a flawless plan if only my GD100-1b didn't have a big freakin nick right in the middle of the glass!!!!!!:-|o|o|o|:-|

·
Registered
24 Posts
nice watch... it also has glitters on the strap... and the display is the clearest among GD100's... plus it looks way better in person.... here's mine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts